Images for illustrative purposes only
- Belongs to the opioid category of painkiller
- Treats moderate pain and fevers
- Effective relief
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the uK
to receive your order 21st June
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Via our online assessment
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK doctors and pharmacists
What is Dihydrocodeine?
Dihydrocodeine is an opioid medicine. Opioids belong to a group of medicines called analgesics, which are commonly known as painkillers. Its use is to relieve moderate to severe pain caused by conditions including sciatica, shingles, post-surgery pain and joint and bone pain.
How does Dihydrocodeine work?
Dihydrocodeine works by binding to receptors in the body called opioid receptors. These receptors are found in the brain, spinal cord, gut and other parts of the body. They are responsible for sending signals to the brain causing you to feel pain. By dihydrocodeine binding to these receptors, the transmission of pain signals is blocked resulting in pain relief.
What are the benefits of taking Dihydrocodeine?
Unmanaged pain associated with conditions such as sciatica, bone and joint pain and post-operative pain can cause great difficulty when completing general day to day tasks. This can result in distress, causing patients to present psychological responses such as low mood, anger, anxiety and in some cases, depression.
Effective use of dihydrocodeine will decrease the amount of pain experienced and increase your tolerance to pain, making injuries and painful conditions more bearable. Consequently, this will allow you to go about your daily routine with little discomfort as possible.
How do I take Dihydrocodeine?
Dihydrocodeine should be swallowed with a glass of water, with or after a meal. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Take the next dose at least four hours later. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
What is the dosage for Dihydrocodeine?
The recommended adult dose for dihydrocodeine is one tablet every four to six hours. Dosage in the elderly is usually reduced. Buy Dihydrocodeine at UK Meds.
What are the side effects of Dihydrocodeine?
Side effects may occur when taking dihydrocodeine. Although some of these side effects may be common not all patients experience them.
Common side effects include:
- Feeling or being sick
- Dry mouth, abdominal pain or discomfort
Rarer side effects may include;
- Mood swings
- Blurred vision
Speak to your doctor if any of the above side effects get serious or lasts longer than a few days. Please read your patient information leaflet contained in the packaging for these tablets for more detailed information on side effects.
- It is important that tablets are taken as instructed by the doctor. Taking dihydrocodeine regularly for long periods of time can lead to addiction and stopping suddenly may cause you to feel restless and irritable.
- It is important to know taking painkillers for headaches too often or for too long can make them worse.
- You may feel dizzy or sleepy while taking dihydrocodeine. Should this occur, do not drive, use any tools or operate any heavy machinery.
- Alcohol should be avoided while taking dihydrocodeine.
Caution should be taken when taking dihydrocodeine if any of the following conditions apply to you;
- asthma attacks
- severe kidney or long term liver problems
- problems with your thyroid gland
- prostate problems
- suffered from allergies
- if you have low blood pressure or are in shock
- adrenal gland insufficiency
- are or have ever been addicted to drugs
- breathing difficulties
- constipation or obstructive bowel disorders
- intolerance to some sugars
Please speak to a GP regarding any conditions you may suffer from or any regular medication you are taking before taking dihydrocodeine.
Where can I buy Dihydrocodeine?
Dihydrocodeine can be bought safely and securely here at UK Meds. You will need to have an online consultation with a doctor before supply can be made. This is to ensure your safety by asking various questions to determine if this is the best-suited medication for you.