Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective treatment for hay fever
- Nasal spray to relieve blocked or runny nose
- Works in as little as 8 hours
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK doctors and pharmacists
What is Avamys?
Avamys nasal spray is a corticosteroid medicine for the treatment of hay fever or allergic rhinitis. Avamys nasal spray has fluticasone furoate as its active ingredient. The medicine provides relief from the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as blocked nosed, runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, and sneezing.
How does Avamys work?
Fluticasone furoate, the active ingredient in Avamys nasal spray, is a corticosteroid. The medication may start providing relief to the symptoms of allergic rhinitis from 8 to 24 hours after the first dose. It may take several days before the full effect of the medication could be felt.
Avamys nasal spray works by decreasing the inflammation caused by allergic rhinitis. When administered in the nasal passage, fluticasone is absorbed in the nasal cells, preventing the release of chemicals that will trigger an allergic response to the irritants such as pollen. Avamys nasal spray prevents an allergic reaction. It also works to reduce nasal inflammation and relieves the symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis.
What are the benefits of Avamys?
Allergic rhinitis develops when the individual’s immune system becomes sensitized and overreacts to something in the environment that typically does not bother other people. Allergic rhinitis is commonly referred to as hay fever. It is a group of symptoms that affect the nose.
The common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include stuffy nose or congestions, itching in the nose, yes, mouth, or throat, sneezing, cough, and puffy or swollen eyelids. Allergic rhinitis is characterized by inflammation of the cells in the nasal mucosa, which accounts for most of the symptoms.
Using Avamys nasal spray will help contain the inflammation in the nasal mucosa and provide relief from the symptoms.
Avamys nasal spray is administered to provide effective relief of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. It provides the following benefits such as:
- Relief of itchy or runny nose
- Relief of blocked nose, sinus difficulties, and sneezing
- It starts to work between 8 and 24 hour
How do I use Avamys?
Avamys nasal spray is available in 27.5-mcg dosage for daily use. When using Avamys nasal spray for the first time, there are guidelines that must be observed.
The nasal spray must be prepared the first time it will be used or if the cap was left off for more than 3 days. Preparation will help ensure to get the full dose of the medicine.
Prepare the nasal spray by doing the following:
- Vigorously shake for 10 minutes the nasal spray.
- Uncap the spray bottle by squeezing the sides of the cap.
- Hold the nasal spray upright, pointing the nozzle away from you.
- Press the button firmly. Pump a mist in the air about 4 to 6 times until a fine mist is sprayed.
Using the nasal spray:
- Shake the nasal spray vigorously.
- Remove the cap.
- Clear your nostrils by blowing and tilt your head to a forward position.
- Place the Avamys nozzle into one nostril.
- Press the spray button to release the medicated mist while breathing in through your nose. Breath through your mouth after taking away the nozzle.
- For two spray dosage in each nostril, repeat steps 4 to 6.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to the other nostril.
- Replace the cap on the nasal spray.
The dosage of Avamys nasal spray is as follows:
- For children over 12 years of age and adults – Two sprays into each nostril once a day, administering the sprays at the same time of the day. Once the symptoms of allergic rhinitis are under control, the dose can be reduced to one spray in each nostril once a day. Always use the lowest dose necessary to relieve the symptoms of the allergy. Do not use more than what your doctor recommends.
- For children aged 6 to 11 years – Use one spray in each nostril once a day, at the same time of the day if possible. If the symptoms are not controlled by this dose, the doctor may increase the dose to two sprays in each nostril once a day, to be reduced to one spray in each nostril when the symptoms have improved.
- If you forget to use the nasal spray, leave out the forgotten dose. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
Any remaining spray must be discarded two months after you opened the bottle. The content of the bottle may be contaminated with bacteria or dirt after two months of the bottle being opened.
Side effects and precautions
Like other medicines, Avamys can have some unwanted side effects. Not all individuals who use Avamys will experience the side effects. The side effects, if they occur, are most likely minor and temporary. However, there could be some serious side effects that need medical attention.
The most common side effects of Avamys are:
- Nasal ulceration, which may cause discomfort and irritation in your nose. You may also see steaks of blood when you blow your nose.
The uncommon side effects include pain, irritation, burning, soreness or dryness inside the nose.
Immediately inform your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction:
- Swelling of the lips or mouth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Hay fever
- Lumpy rash
The safety of Avamys during pregnancy has not been established. Only a minimal amount of the medicine passes into the bloodstream after the use of nasal spray. However, Avamys should be used only during pregnancy if the benefit of the medication is greater than any possible risk to the developing baby. Ask first your doctor for advice before using Avamys during pregnancy.
The likelihood of Avamys passing into the breast milk after spraying Avamys into the nostrils is very small. But it is prudent to use Avamys with caution when the mother is breastfeeding. A breastfeeding mother should use Avamys only when the benefits outweigh the possible risks to the nursing infant. Ask your doctor for advice before using Avamys if you are breastfeeding.
Only a small amount of Avamys is absorbed into the bloodstream after application into the nose. The likelihood that it will significantly affect other medicines that you are taking is very small. However, it is a good idea that you share with your doctor a list of the other medications you are taking, especially those purchased without prescription, as well as herbal products. Your doctor will determine if a medication you are taking can interact with the effectiveness of Avamys nasal spray.
How do I buy Avamys online?
You can safely buy Avamys online at UK Meds. You will need to have first an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Avamys is the right medication for your medical condition.