Buscopan IBS Relief
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Targets the bowel directly
- Relaxes muscles to prevent spasms
- Eases pain and discomfort
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow, 21st September
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Delivered in plain packaging
Next Day Delivery
Receive your order in 24 hours
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What are Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets?
Buscopan IBS relief tablets belong to the type of medicine called antispasmodic. It contains the active ingredient hyoscine butylbromide, which is used to relieve painful spasms and cramps of the stomach or intestine associated with irritable bowel syndrome or IBS that has been previously been diagnosed by a doctor.
How do Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets work?
Buscopan IBS relief tablets contain hyoscine butylbromide, an antispasmodic.
Hyoscine works by relaxing the muscle that is found in the walls of the stomach, intestines and bile duct. It is a smooth or involuntary muscle that contracts and relaxes in response to natural body chemicals called neurotransmitters. These contractions are caused by a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. The contractions are not under our conscious control and we are not normally aware of them. If the muscles go into spasm, it can cause pain.
Hyoscine eases the spasms in the smooth muscle by stopping the action of acetylcholine on the muscle. It accomplishes the task by blocking the receptors on the muscle cells that the acetylcholine would normally act on.
By preventing the action of the acetylcholine on the GI and GU tracts muscle, hyoscine reduces the muscle contractions. This allows the muscle to relax and reduces the painful spasms and cramps.
What are the benefits of taking Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets?
Buscopan IBS relief tablets are effective in relieving the painful spasms and cramps of the stomach or intestine associated with irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
The active ingredient of Buscopan IBS relief tablets is effective in stopping the action of acetylcholine on the muscle to reduce muscle contractions, allowing the muscle to relax and reduce the painful spasms and cramps.
How do I take Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets?
Buscopan IBS relief tablets should be taken according to the instructions of your doctor. You should also read, understand, and follow the patient information that comes with the package of the medication.
Buscopan IBS relief tablets should be swallowed whole and taken with a drink of water. You can take the tablets with or without a meal.
This medicine should not be taken on a continuous daily basis or for prolonged periods of time without the cause of your abdominal pain being investigated by your doctor.
Consult your doctor if your symptoms change or get worse or have not improved after 14 days of treatment.
If you forget to take your dose of Buscopan IBS relief tablets, take them as soon as you remember unless the next dose of the medicine is very close. Do not double your dose as a makeup for a missed dose.
Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets dosage
The usual dose of Buscopan IBS relief tablets for adults and children over 12 years of age is one tablet taken three times a day, which can be increased to two tablets four times a day if necessary.
Side effects & precautions
Medicines and their possible side effects affect individuals in different ways. The side effects of Buscopan IBS relief tablets do not affect everyone that uses them.
The following are the uncommon side effects of Buscopan IBS relief tablets:
- Faster than normal heart beats
- Small blisters on the hands and feet
- Dry mouth
- Allergic skin reactions such as itching or hives
The following are the rare side effects of Buscopan IBS relief tablets:
- Difficulty passing urine
The following are the side effects of Buscopan IBS relief tablets that occur on unknown frequency:
- Hypersensitivity reactions such as narrowing of the airways, swelling of the lips, throat, and tongue, rash or anaphylactic reaction.
If you believe you have other side effects that are associated with your use of Buscopan IBS relief tablets, consult with your doctor.
Do not take Buscopan IBS relief tablets for symptoms which you believe are associated with IBS but the same has not been confirmed by a doctor yet. Use only this medicine for treatment upon the recommendation of your doctor.
You should not use the medicine without first discussing with your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- You are aged 40 or over and this is the first time that you have had your symptoms, or if your symptoms are different this time
- You have recently passed blood in your stool
- You are suffering from severe constipation
- You are feeling sick or vomiting
- You are feeling tired or you look pale
- You have lost your appetite or you have lost weight
- You have abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge
- You have difficulty or pain passing urine
- You have a fever
- You have recently travelled abroad
Buscopan IBS relief tablets may cause blurred vision and may affect your ability to operate machine or drive a vehicle safely. If you have this effect, do not drive or operate machinery.
While taking Buscopan IBS relief tablets, you should see your doctor if you experience severe, unexplained abdominal pain that won’t go away, or gets worse, or occurs with symptoms like nausea, fever, vomiting, changes in bowel movements, decreased blood pressure, abdominal tenderness, fainting, or blood in your stool.
You should consult your doctor if you experience any of the following while taking this medication:
- Red and painful eye
- Loss of vision
- Seeing haloes around lights
These symptoms may be caused by an increase in the pressure inside the eyeball that requires urgent investigation by your doctor.
Buscopan IBS relief tablets should not be used in the following:
- Children under 12 years old.
- Those with an abnormally large or dilated large intestines.
- Those with a condition called myasthenia gravis, in which there is abnormal muscle weakness.
- Those with eye condition called closed angle glaucoma.
- Those with rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltose insufficiency.
Buscopan IBS relief tablets should be used with caution in the following:
- Elderly people
- Those with heart problems, including those with a fast heart rate or heart failure.
- Those with an overactive thyroid gland.
- Those who are susceptible to blockages in the urinary tract and difficulty in passing urine such as men with an enlarged prostate gland.
- Those with constipation or who are susceptible to blockages in the intestines.
- Those with a fever
This medicine should not be used by women who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant without consulting with a doctor. This medicine should be used only by a pregnant woman if the doctor deems that the benefits are greater than the risks of side effects.
It is not known if this medicine passes through breast milk. This medicine may reduce the production of breast milk. Its use is not recommended for using during breastfeeding. Get the advice first of your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
It is important that you share with your doctor a list of all the medications you are taking before you start taking Buscopan IBS relief tablets. Similarly, consult with your doctor before you start taking any other medication while you are using this medicine.
How do I buy Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets online?
You can safely buy Buscopan IBS relief online at UK Meds, without the need for a prescription or consultation with a medical professional, however you should adhere to the advice given in the patient leaflet enclosed.