Migraines are powerful headaches that are often accompanied by nausea, sensitivity to light and problems with vision. Some people are more prone to getting migraines and could even be getting them once a week. Because migraines can be debilitating and can interfere with daily life, prevent and treat them with our range of effective treatments.
- Relieves headache
- Reduces inflammatory response in the brain
- Fast acting
- Prevents migraines
- Tricyclic antidepressant medicine
- Effective treatment for regular migraine sufferers
- Relieves migraine symptoms
- Blocks the pain
- Works quickly
- 8 hour effect
- Provides relief from migraines
- Easy application
- Instant relief
- Suitable for adults and children
- Treats migraines
- Medicine works at the source
- Easy to use
- Effective treatment for migraine
- Treats the headache and other symptoms
- Constricts blood vessels to block pain
- Works quickly when a migraine comes on
- Effective painkiller
- Dissolves on the tongue
- Painkiller to effectively treat migraines
- Narrows blood vessels in the brain
- Prompt treatment prevents disruption to your day
- Effective for migraine with or without aura
- Decreases need for additional painkillers
- Reduces symptoms like nausea or sensitivity to light
- Effective migraine treatment
- Kills the pain of a headache
- Helps you to return to daily life
- Dual effect treatment
- Relieves migraine headache
- Eases nausea and visual disturbances
- Effective relief from migraines
- Treats painful headaches
- Tablets dissolve in the mouth
- Effective treatment for migraine
- Relieves headache and other symptoms
- Allows you to carry on as normal
- Painkiller especially for migraines
- Stops the blood vessels widening
- Fast acting
- Offers relief from migraine
- Treats headache
- Easy nasal spray application
- Relieves migraine attack
- Works for migraines with or without aura
- Narrows blood vessels to relieve pain
- Painkiller specifically for migraines
- Blocks the headache reaction in the brain
- Effective even at a late stage of a migraine
- Effective in preventing migraines
- Helps to reduce the number of attacks
- Suitable for regular migraine sufferers
What are migraines?
A migraine is a strong headache that is often felt as a throbbing pain, and can also cause sickness, nausea and sensitivity to light. They can last from 4 hours to 3 days and are a very common health complaint (more prevalent in women than in men).
Some people have migraines as frequently as several times a week, while some people may notice a pattern as to when their migraines occur. They affect each person differently and some people may experience a loss of appetite, dizziness, fatigue or an upset stomach alongside the other, more common, symptoms.
Migraines are not one-size-fits-all though, as there are several different types. Migraine with aura is the classic kind; this means that there are warning signs before the onset of the actual headache, such as flashing lights, blurred vision or blind spots. Migraine without aura is the more common type, where you don’t receive these warnings beforehand and the first sign of the migraine is the actual headache. There is also something known as a ‘silent migraine’, where you may get the other symptoms without the actual headache.
What causes migraines?
The specific cause of migraines is not currently known, but it’s been linked to changes of nerves, chemicals and blood vessels in the brain. For several years, it was thought to be caused by changes in blood flow in the brain, but now research is suggesting that it’s because of flaws in the brain that are inherited from your parents.
Migraine headaches begin when overactive nerve cells send signals to the nerve responsible for sensation in your head and face. This releases serotonin and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), which causes blood vessels in the brain to swell and pain to be activated.
The reason that people are more susceptible to migraines has not been identified fully, but the triggers are well-known. Varying from person to person, migraines can begin due to stress, tiredness or starting your period. They can also be triggered by bright lights, changes in weather or changes to your sleeping pattern.
Food and drink can also play a role in causing your migraines with common culprits including skipping meals, consuming too much caffeine, or eating foods containing nitrates or monosodium glutamate (MSG).
How can I treat migraines?
If you are susceptible to developing migraines then you will likely struggle with this your whole life, as there is no cure. However, there are plenty of options available for treating the symptoms when a migraine occurs.
Painkillers are the most popular treatment as they dull the headache and allow sufferers to continue with daily life. Many painkiller medications have been specifically designed with migraines in mind, to make sure they are as effective as possible. You may also consider anti-emetics if you suffer particularly badly with nausea and vomiting as part of your migraine, or preventative medications if you notice migraines more than 4 times a month.
Ordering with the reliable and quick service that you know us for, UK Meds are on hand to help to relieve your migraine and to stop it from getting in the way of anything.
Your treatment discreetly to your door in three easy steps
Choose your treatment
Sit back, relax and choose your one-off or subscription of medication on any device from anywhere.
Complete a consultation
With complete privacy and confidentiality your form is checked by a pharmacist independent prescriber and then dispensed by UK Meds online pharmacy.
Receive your delivery
With same day service in parts of the UK, you can have your treatment delivery discreetly within hours.