Images for illustrative purposes only
- Treats type 2 diabetes
- Lowers blood sugar
- Increases the amount of insulin your body produces
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Gliclazide is an effective treatment for type 2 diabetes; a condition where the body does not produce enough insulin, resulting in high blood sugar. Gliclazide increases the amount of insulin your body produces, thus reducing your blood sugar.
to receive your order Wednesday 25th May
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered pharmacies
What is Gliclazide?
Gliclazide is a medication used for type 2 diabetes. Gliclazide works by lowering your blood sugar by increasing the amount of insulin your body produces.
Can I take Gliclazide?
Gliclazide is only to be taken by adults. It's crucial that this medication is not given to anyone under the age of 18.
If you have ever experienced any of these things, you must explicitly state this in your consultation:
- Have had an allergic reaction to gliclazide or any other medicines in the past
- Have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine
- Have severe kidney or liver disease
- Have a rare illness called porphyria
- Are taking miconazole
- Are breastfeeding
- Have an illness called G6PD-deficiency
- Need to have surgery
Please note that Gliclazide cannot be used to treat type 1 diabetes.
Like all medicines, gliclazide can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Side effects can be less likely if you take gliclazide tablets with a meal.
Common side effects
Talk to your doctor if these side effects either cause you distress, or are persistant:
- Stomach pains
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
Serious side effects
Serious side effects from taking Gliclazide are rare.
However, you much call a doctor as soon as possible if you get:
- Yellow skin or the whites of your eyes turning yellow
- Random paleness, prolonged bleeding, bruising, sore throat and fever
- A rash, redness, itching and hives, sudden swelling of eyelids, face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat that may make it hard to breathe
There is a chance that your eyesight may be affected for a short time once you begin taking Gliclazide. This is because of changes in your blood sugar levels.
Low blood sugar
Gliclazide can sometimes cause your blood sugar to go too low. This is called a 'hypo'.
It's important to watch for the early warning signs of low blood sugar:
- Feeling hungry
- Trembling or shaking
- Difficulty concentrating
Your blood sugar can also lower whilst you're sleeping. You'll know if this happens as when you wake up, you will feel sweaty, confused and tired.
Low blood sugar levels is more likely to happen if you:
- Take too much gliclazide
- Eat meals irregularly or skip meals
- Are fasting
- Do not eat a healthy diet and are not getting enough nutrients
- Change what you eat
- Increase your physical activity without eating more to compensate
- Drink alcohol, especially after skipping a meal
- Take some other medicines or natural remedies at the same time
- Have a hormone disorder, such as hypothyroidism
- Have kidney or liver problems
To prevent having a hypo, it's crucial to eat reguarly especially breakfast. Never miss or delay a meal.
If you're planning to exercise more than usual, make sure you eat carbohydrates like bread, pasta or cereals before, during or afterwards.
How do I buy Gliclazide online?
You can safely buy Gliclazide online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Gliclazide is the right medication for your medical condition.