Images for illustrative purposes only
- Works in under an hour
- Dissolvable tablets
- Effective for diarrhoea and IBS
- Genuine medication
- All medication sourced in the UK
to receive your order 26th May
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Via our online assessment
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK doctors and pharmacists
What are Imodium Instants?
Imodium Instants are tablets that work quickly to relieve diarrhoea in less than one hour, whether that be short-term diarrhoea or diarrhoea caused by irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
How does Imodium Instants work?
Imodium Instants contain loperamide hydrochloride, which works to slow down the bowel and relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea, allowing your body to absorb water and salts that are normally lost.
What are the benefits of using Imodium Instants?
Everyone gets diarrhoea from time to time and the ailment can be uncomfortable and inconvenient. As for IBS, this is a condition that affects around 10% of the population and can cause frequent bouts of diarrhoea that can interrupt daily life. Treating diarrhoea with Imodium Instants allows you to feel happy and healthy again.
How do I use Imodium Instants?
Remove the tablet from the packet by peeling back the lid and tipping the tablet out (do not push it straight through). Place the tablet on the tongue and allow them to dissolve; this will happen quickly and you do not need to take them with water.
The recommended dose changes based on whether you’re taking Imodium Instants for short-term diarrhoea or IBS diarrhoea. For short-term, take two tablets to begin treatment and then take one tablet after each loose bowel movement. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours and cease treatment after 48 hours. If symptoms continue then seek advice from a doctor.
For IBS diarrhoea, take two tablets to begin treatment and then take one tablet after each loose bowel movement. You can take this medicine for up to two weeks but do not use it for any attack lasting longer than 48 hours and do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24 hour period.
If you take too much of this medicine then you should contact a doctor.
Side effects & precautions
Before using this product, always read the patient information leaflet (enclosed) to make sure that it is the appropriate medication for you.
You should not take Imodium Instants if any of the following apply:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients
- If it is for a child aged under 12 (or under 18 for an IBS patient)
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
- If you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis
- If you are constipated, or your stomach appears swollen (especially in children with severe dehydration)
- If you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature
- If you are breastfeeding, as small amounts may get into your milk
Even though you do not need a prescription to take Imodium Instants, you should talk to a doctor or pharmacist before commencing treatment if any of the following apply:
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the tablets immediately and contact your doctor
- If you suffer from liver disease
- If you have diarrhoea that lasts for more than 48 hours
- If you have severe diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal
- If you are taking any other medicines, including ritonavir (used to treat HIV), quinidine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms or malaria), oral desmopressin (used to treat excessive urination), itraconazole or ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections), or gemfibrozil (used to treat high cholesterol)
- If you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy
There are a number of other warnings that apply specifically to those who are looking to treat IBS-related diarrhoea. If you have IBS and any of the following apply then you should talk to a doctor or pharmacist before taking Imodium Instants.
- If you are aged 40 or over and it is some time since your last IBS attack
- If you are aged 40 or over and your IBS symptoms are different this time
- If you have recently passed blood from the bowel
- If you suffer from severe constipation
- If you are feeling sick or vomiting
- If you have lost your appetite or lost weight
- If you have difficulty or pain passing urine
- If you have a fever
- If you have recently travelled abroad
Common side effects of this medication include feeling sick or constipated. Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any peculiar side effects or signs of an allergic reaction.
How do I buy Imodium Instants online?
You can safely buy Imodium Instants online at UK Meds, without the need for a prescription or consultation with a medical professional, however you should adhere to the advice given in the patient leaflet enclosed.