Images for illustrative purposes only
- Relieves symptoms of the menopause
- Combined hormones
- Dial packet for ease-of-use
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow 25th April
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Via our online assessment
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK doctors and pharmacists
What is Kliovance?
Kliovance is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), used to treat women who have started to show signs of the menopause.
How does Kliovance work?
During a woman’s menopause, natural levels of oestrogen production begin to drop. Kliovance contains two female hormones; an oestrogen (estradiol hemihydrate) and a progestogen (norethisterone acetate); which work to replenish a woman’s natural levels and offset the effects of menopause.
What are the benefits of taking Kliovance?
Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes (of the face, neck and chest), irregular menstrual cycle, night sweats, weight gain, thinning of hair and mood changes.
These symptoms can often disrupt daily life so using HRT medication, such as Kliovance, can restore the natural hormone balance.
How do I use Kliovance?
Kliovance is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet. Your doctor will aim to prescribe you as lower dose as possible in order to treat your symptoms.
Take one tablet each day, at approximately the same time of day, by swallowing whole with a drink of water. As soon as you finish a pack, you should immediately start the next one.
You can start taking Kliovance on any convenient day, but if you are still having regular periods then you should wait for the bleeding to end and then start your treatment straight after. The tablets come in a disc packet that you set on the first day, to remind you to take your daily dose.
Kliovance contains active ingredients in the form of female hormones. Your doctor will prescribe you the weakest dose possible to treat your symptoms.
The tablets contain 1mg of estradiol (as estradiol hemihydrate) and 0.5mg of the progestogen, norethisterone acetate.
If you forget to take your Kliovance tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s more than 12 hours late. In this case, you should dispose of the missed tablet and resume taking the medication as normal; do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Kliovance than you should, then contact your doctor, as you may start to feel (or be) sick.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Kliovance, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Kliovance if any of the following apply to you:
- If you have ever had breast cancer or are suspected of having it
- If you have cancer that is sensitive to oestrogens
- If you have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- If you have excessive thickening of the womb lining
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in a vein
- If you have a blood clotting disorder
- If you have ever had a disease caused by blood clotting in the arteries
- If you have ever had a liver disease
- If you have a rare blood problem called porphyria
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medication
Your prescription of Kliovance may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you’ve ever had fibroids inside the womb
- If you’ve ever had growth of the womb lining outside of your womb
- If you have an increased risk of developing blood clots
- If you have an increased risk of oestrogen-sensitive cancer (ie family history)
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a liver disorder
- If you have diabetes
- If you have gallstones
- If you suffer with migraines or severe headaches
- If you have a disease of the immune system that affects many organs
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have asthma
- If you have a disease affecting the eardrum and hearing
- If you have a very high level of fat in your blood
- If you have fluid retention due to cardiac or kidney problems
Like many medications with active ingredients, Kliovance can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Medicines for epilepsy
- Medicines for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV infection
- Medicines for hepatitis C infections
- Herbal remedies containing St John’s Wort.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Kliovance will be the best course of action for you.
Taking HRT medication can increase your chances of excessive thickening of the lining of the womb or cancer of the womb lining, however, Kliovance’s addition of progestogen protects you from this extra risk. All HRT medication can increase your risks of breast cancer so be sure to inspect your breasts regularly and notify your doctor of any changes you notice.
Blood clots are higher in HRT users than in non-users, especially during the first year of taking it. Again, you should keep an eye out for any possible signs of a blood clot and contact your doctor if you notice anything different.
The most common side effects of using Kliovance include:
- Breast pain or breast tenderness
- Vaginal bleeding
- Headache, migraine, mood change or depression
- Weight gain
- Vaginal inflammation or infection
- Enlargement or swelling of the breasts
- Back pain.
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor immediately if you experience any serious side effects.
How do I buy Kliovance online?
You can safely buy Kliovance online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Kliovance is the right medication for your medical condition.