Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective diabetes treatment
- Prevents the body from breaking down incretin hormones
- Helps you to produce more insulin
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order Tuesday 22nd September
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Komboglyze?
Komboglyze is an oral anti-diabetic, used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How does Komboglyze work?
Those with type 2 diabetes have pancreas’ that do not make enough insulin, or their bodies simply aren’t able to use it properly. Because insulin is linked to the level of sugar in your blood, diabetic people end up with a much higher amount, which Komboglyze works to lower and control.
What are the benefits of taking Komboglyze?
Diabetes is a lifelong illness, although type 2 often doesn’t develop until later in life and is linked to being overweight or inactive. Symptoms can include excessive thirst, frequent urination and extreme tiredness or fatigue.
It’s important to manage the disease, as it can cause serious health problems with your eyes, heart and nervous system, and Komboglyze will help you do this.
How do I use Komboglyze?
Komboglyze is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, at the same time as food to lower the risk of an upset stomach (side effect). You can take it at any time of day, however keeping your chosen time consistent will help you remember to take it.
Komboglyze contains the active ingredients saxagliptin and metformin, in strengths of either 2.5 mg/850 mg or 2.5 mg/1,000 mg respectively, per tablet.
The normal dose is one tablet twice a day, however your doctor will decide which dose is best based on your personal circumstances, such as if you have kidney problems.
If you forget to take your Komboglyze tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s nearly time for your next tablet. In this case, you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one, as you should never take a double dose.
If you take more Komboglyze than you should, then go to your doctor or nearest emergency department immediately, as it can cause lactic acidosis, a serious condition that can lead to a coma. Symptoms include feeling or being sick, stomach ache with muscle cramps and severe tiredness or difficulty breathing.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Komboglyze, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Komboglyze if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are allergic to saxagliptin, metformin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have had a serious allergic reaction to any other similar medications that you take to control your blood sugar
- If you have ever had a diabetic coma
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes, with, for example, severe hyperglycaemia
- If you have severely reduced kidney function or problems with your liver
- If you have recently had a heart attack or if you have heart failure or serious problems with your blood circulation or difficulties in breathing
- If you have a severe infection or are dehydrated
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you drink a large amount of alcohol (either every day or only from time to time).
Your prescription of Komboglyze may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you have type 1 diabetes (your body does not produce any insulin)
- If you have or have had a disease of the pancreas
- If you are taking insulin or an antidiabetic medicine known as ‘sulphonylurea’
- If you have had allergic reactions to any other medicines that you take to control the amount of sugar in your blood
- If you have a problem or take a medicine that can lower your body’s defence against infections
- If you have ever had heart failure or you have other risk factors for developing heart failure
Like many medications with active ingredients, Komboglyze can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- cimetidine, a medicine used to treat stomach problems
- ketoconazole which is used to treat fungal infections
- bronchodilators which are used to treat asthma
- diltiazem which is used for high blood pressure
- rifampicin, an antibiotic used to treat infections such as tuberculosis
- corticosteroids, which are used to treat inflammation in diseases like asthma and arthritis
- carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin, which are used to control fits
- medicines which increase urine production (diuretics)
- medicines used to treat pain and inflammation
- certain medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Komboglyze will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all diabetic patients (regardless of treatment), you should also check your feet regularly and follow the foot care advice given by your doctor. You will also need regular kidney function tests while being treated with this medication.
Even when taking this medicine, you will still need to follow a diet and exercise plan in order to keep your diabetes well-managed. Always follow the advice of your doctor, pharmacist or nurse and contact them if you are unsure. You should also avoid excessive alcohol intake because it can increase the risk of developing lactic acidosis.
The most common side effects of using Komboglyze include:
- muscle pain
- Stomach problems like being sick, indigestion or flatulence
- urinary tract infection
- infection of the upper airways
- inflamed nose or throat
- infection of your sinuses
- Tiredness or fatigue
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as severe joint pain or severe and persistent abdominal pain.
How do I buy Komboglyze online?
You can safely buy Komboglyze online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Komboglyze is the right medication for your medical condition.