UK Meds is now selling lateral flow tests! Easy to use and results in just 15 minutes. Next day delivery available! Buy now
- Treats heartburn and acid reflux
- Effects last for 24 hours
- One tablet per day
- Genuine medication
- All medication sourced in the UK
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Delivered in plain packaging
Next Day Delivery
Receive your order in 24 hours
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Nexium Control?
Nexium Control are tablets that reduce the amount of acid your stomach produces, relieving symptoms of excess such as acid reflux and heartburn.
How does Nexium Control work?
Nexium Control contains esomeprazole, which belongs to a group of medicines called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. They do not do this immediately though, and you may need to take Nexium Control for 2-3 days before you notice the effects.
What are the benefits of taking Nexium Control?
A number of problems can occur from stomach acid irritating various parts of the digestive system and can cause pain or discomfort. Preventing your stomach from producing too much by taking Nexium Control will help to quickly relieve acid reflux and heartburn.
How do I use Nexium Control?
Always follow the guidance given in the enclosed patient information leaflet and be sure to read it before commencing use of the medicine.
These tablets should be taken by swallowing them with a drink of water, with or without food.
Nexium Control Dosage
The recommended dose of Nexium Control is one tablet per day. You should not exceed this daily dose, even if you don’t feel the effects of the medication straight away, because it can often take 2-3 days before you notice an improvement in your symptoms.
If you forget to take a dose then simply take it as soon as you remember, on the same day. However, if it’s nearly time for your next dose then skip the forgotten one and take the next dose as normal. Do not double up on a dose to make up for a forgotten one.
If you take too much of this medicine then you should contact a doctor and you may notice side effects such as diarrhoea, stomach ache or being sick.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking this medication, you should always first check that it is suitable for you and any of your associated medical conditions. Do not take Nexium Control if:
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole or omeprazole)
- If you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection)
- If you are breastfeeding
You should also consult a doctor before taking Nexium Control if any of the following apply:
- You have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past.
- You have been taking treatment continuously for reflux or heartburn for 4 or more weeks.
- You have jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) or severe liver problems
- You have severe kidney problems.
- You are aged over 55 years and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms or need to take a non-prescription indigestion or heartburn remedy treatment every day.
- You have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Nexium Control that reduces stomach acid
- You are due to have an endoscopy or a urea breath test
- You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
Because of the way that medications interact with each other, you should be cautious if you are taking other medications and consult with a doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure. Particular medicines to make a doctor aware would include:
- Ketoconazole and itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus)
- Voriconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus) and clarithromycin (used to treat infections)
- Erlotinib (used to treat cancer)
- Methotrexate (used to treat cancer and rheumatic disorders)
- Digoxin (used for heart problems)
- Atazanavir, saquinavir (used to treat HIV infection)
- Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat depression)
- Diazepam (used to treat anxiety, relax muscles or in epilepsy)
- Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy)
- Medicines that are used to thin your blood, such as warfarin.
- Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – a condition where poor blood supply to the leg muscles causes pain and difficulty in walking)
- Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn)
- Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis)
- Tacrolimus (in cases of organ transplantation)
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat depression)
Like with all medicines, there is a risk of side effects. Common side effects include:
- Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach ache, constipation, wind (flatulence)
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
- Benign growths (polyps) in the stomach.
You should cease using Nexium Control immediately and contact your doctor if you experience any serious side effects or if you notice signs of an allergic reaction.
How do I buy Nexium Control online?
You can safely buy Nexium Control online at UK Meds, without the need for a prescription or consultation with a medical professional, however you should adhere to the advice given in the patient leaflet enclosed.