Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective antibiotic
- Stops the growth of bacteria
- Reduces symptoms of acne
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow, 16th October
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Via our online assessment
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Oxytetracycline?
Oxytetracycline is a broad-spectrum tetracycline antibiotic medicine with an antibacterial action, that is used in the treatment of acne.
How does Oxytetracycline work?
Acne is caused by bacteria on the skin, which Oxytetracycline works to treat by interfering with the bacteria’s ability to grow and multiply.
What are the benefits of taking Oxytetracycline?
Acne can have both physical and mental effects, with spots often causing pain and irritation as well as embarrassment and self-consciousness. Treating acne simply and efficiently with Oxytetracycline, allows patients to feel good again.
How do I use Oxytetracycline?
Oxytetracycline is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, either 1 hour before food or 2 hours after. Dairy products will directly affect how much this medicine is absorbed though, so try to avoid consumption of it. Also be sure not to take these tablets directly before going to bed.
Oxytetracycline contains the active ingredient oxytetracycline dihydrate, at a strength of 250mg per tablet.
The recommended dose is 1-2 tablets daily, either taken as a single dose or a divided one. As Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic, it can also be used to treat other ailments, for which your doctor can advise on the dose.
If you forget to take your Oxytetracycline tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s nearly time for your next dose. In this case, skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Oxytetracycline than you should, then contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Oxytetracycline, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Oxytetracycline if any of the following apply to you:
- you are sensitive to the tetracycline group of drugs or are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, as this medicine contains lactose and sucrose
- you are suffering from a severe liver or kidney complaint or porphyria
- you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- you are suffering from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an immunological disorder)
- you are receiving vitamin A or retinoid therapy
Your prescription of Oxytetracycline may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- you suffer from myaestenia gravis, a condition which causes muscle weakness
- you have reduced liver or kidney function.
Like many medications with active ingredients, Oxytetracycline can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- penicillin antibiotics e.g. amoxicillin
- vitamin A
- drugs to thin the blood
- oral contraceptives
- diuretics (to regulate body water content)
- medicines to treat diarrhoea
- medicines to treat diabetes
- any other medicines including those that you have bought without a prescription
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Oxytetracycline will be the best course of action for you.
You should also make your doctor aware if you are taking the contraceptive pill, before beginning treatment with Oxytetracycline. This is because it could interrupt the effectiveness of your pill and you may need to use additional contraception during treatment.
The most common side effects of using Oxytetracycline include:
- Stomach upsets, diarrhoea, sickness, loss of appetite or sore mouth
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Changes in the number and type of blood cells
- Excessive tiredness
- Skin problems such as rashes, increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight, itching, redness, scaling or blistering
- Changes in liver and kidney function
- Increased number of infections
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects such as severe skin rashes, blurred vision or difficulty breathing.
How do I buy Oxytetracycline online?
You can safely buy Oxytetracycline online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Oxytetracycline is the right medication for your medical condition.