Images for illustrative purposes only
- HRT medication to treat the menopause
- Low dose
- Combined hormones
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order 6th April
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Via our online assessment
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Premique?
Premique is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), used to treat women who have started to show signs of the menopause.
How does Premique work?
During a woman’s menopause, natural levels of oestrogen production begin to drop. Premique contains two female hormones; an oestrogen and a progestogen (medroxyprogesterone acetate); which work to replenish a woman’s natural levels and offset the effects of menopause.
What are the benefits of taking Premique?
Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes (of the face, neck and chest), irregular menstrual cycle, night sweats, weight gain, thinning of hair and mood changes.
These symptoms can often disrupt daily life so using HRT medication, such as Premique, can restore the natural hormone balance.
How do I use Premique?
Premique is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet. Your doctor will aim to prescribe you as lower dose as possible in order to treat your symptoms.
Take one tablet each day, at approximately the same time of day, by swallowing whole with a drink of water. The tablets will have arrows next to them, to assist you in making sure you’re taking them correctly.
If you are not currently taking HRT or you are taking another period-free HRT, you may start your first pack of Premique at any convenient time. If you are changing from an HRT product that gives you a monthly bleed, start Premique the day after you finish the course of the previous product.
Premique contains active ingredients in the form of female hormones. Your doctor will prescribe you the weakest one possible.
This low dose drug contains 0.3mg of conjugated estrogens and 1.5mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate in each tablet.
If you forget to take your Premique tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s more than 12 hours late. In this case, you should dispose of the missed tablet and resume taking the medication as normal.
If you take more Premique than you should, then you should have no problems. However, you may have side effects like nausea, breast tenderness, abdominal pain, or drowsiness. If you are worried then you should contact your doctor.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Premique, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Premique if any of the following apply to you:
- If you have ever had breast cancer or are suspected of having it
- If you have cancer that is sensitive to oestrogens
- If you have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- If you have excessive thickening of the womb lining
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in a vein
- If you have a blood clotting disorder
- If you have ever had a disease caused by blood clotting in the arteries
- If you have ever had a liver disease
- If you have a rare blood problem called porphyria
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medication
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Your prescription of Premique may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you’ve ever had fibroids inside the womb
- If you’ve ever had growth of the womb lining outside of your womb
- If you have an increased risk of developing blood clots
- If you have an increased risk of oestrogen-sensitive cancer (ie family history)
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a liver disorder
- If you have diabetes
- If you have gallstones
- If you suffer with migraines or severe headaches
- If you have a disease of the immune system that affects many organs
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have asthma
- If you have a disease affecting the eardrum and hearing
- If you have a very high level of fat in your blood
- If you have fluid retention due to cardiac or kidney problems
Like many medications with active ingredients, Premique can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Medicines for epilepsy
- Medicines for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV infection
- Metyrapone (used in the treatment of Cushing’s syndrome).
- Aminoglutethimide (used in the treatment of breast cancer and Cushing’s syndrome)
- Herbal remedies containing St John’s Wort.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Premique will be the best course of action for you.
Taking HRT medication can increase your chances of excessive thickening of the lining of the womb, cancer of the womb lining, and breast cancer so be sure to pay attention to your body, inspect your breasts regularly and notify your doctor of any changes you notice.
Blood clots are higher in HRT users than in non-users, especially during the first year of taking it. Again, you should keep an eye out for any possible signs of a blood clot and contact your doctor if you notice anything different.
The most common side effects of using Premique include:
- breast pain
- breakthrough bleeding or spotting
- vaginal inflammation
- period pain
- breast tenderness, swollen breasts
- muscle and joint aches, leg cramps
- weight change (increase or decrease)
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor immediately if you experience any serious side effects.
How do I buy Premique online?
You can safely buy Premique online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Premique is the right medication for your medical condition.