Images for illustrative purposes only
- Relieves constipation
- Clears the bowel
- Can relieve digestive issues
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order Saturday 28th November
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Delivered in plain packaging
Next Day Delivery
Receive your order in 24 hours
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Senna?
Senna is a herbal medicinal product used to treat constipation and the discomfort associated with it.
How does Senna work?
Senna contains naturally-occurring laxatives, to increase the function of your bowel and digestive system to encourage your body to pass a stool.
What are the benefits of taking Senna?
Everyone gets constipated occasionally and while it may not be a dangerous ailment, it is an uncomfortable one. Constipation can lead to bloating, stomach ache, trapped wind and cramps, so to treat it quickly and efficiently with Senna is to get yourself feeling back to normal quickly.
How do I use Senna?
Always follow the guidance given in the enclosed patient information leaflet and be sure to read it before commencing use of the medicine.
Take Senna by swallowing the tablets whole with a drink of water, with or without food.
The recommended dose of Senna is to take 2 tablets, once a day (typically at bedtime). Do not give the medicine to children younger than six years old and do not take more than the recommended amount.
If you take more Senna than you should (either by taking too many tablets or by taking them for too long) then talk to your doctor. Overuse of this medicine can lead to a lazy bowel, which can cause long-term constipation.
If you still have no bowel movements after 3 days of taking Senna then contact a medical professional for advice.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking this medication, you should always first check that it is suitable for you and any of your associated medical conditions. Do not take Senna if:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- If you have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel (ileus, intestinal obstruction or stenosis)
- If you have paralysis or lack of muscle tone in the bowel (atony)
- If you appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- If you have persistent or undiagnosed stomach complaints such as stomach pain, nausea and vomiting as well as constipation
- If you have kidney or heart problems
- If you are severely dehydrated
- If you have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause or blood in your stools
- If you have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- If you have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
Because of the way that medications interact with eachother, you should talk to a doctor before taking Senna if you are already taking any of the following medications:
- Medicines for heart problems or heart rhythm problems (e.g. cardiac glycosides, antiarrhythmic medicines such as quinidine)
- Medicines which may cause changes to your heartbeat (e.g. medicines including QY prolongation)
- Water tablets (diuretics)
- Corticosteroids (used or many conditions such as pain, swelling, allergy, asthma, rheumatism and skin problems)
- Liquorice root preparations
Do not take Senna if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The most common side effects of Senna are:
- Stomach pain
- Urine may appear yellow or red-brown
You should cease using Senna immediately and contact your doctor if you experience any serious side effects or if you notice signs of an allergic reaction.
How do I buy Senna online?
You can safely buy Senna online at UK Meds, without the need for a prescription or consultation with a medical professional, however you should adhere to the advice given in the patient leaflet enclosed.