Images for illustrative purposes only
Sukkarto SR are slow-release tablets containing the active ingredient Metformin, which is a substance that effectively controls type 2 diabetes.
- Active ingredient is Metformin
- Effective treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Slow release tablets
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
What is Sukkarto SR?
Sukkarto SR contains Metformin, a medication used for type 2 diabetes.
The main difference between taking Sukkarto SR as opposed to Metformin, is that Sukkarto SR is a slow releasing medication.
Patient Information Leaflet
For more information on the prescription medication patients should refer to the Sukkarto SR patient information leaflet.
Using Sukkarto SR in women to treat type 2 diabetes
When a combination of diet and exercise has not worked enough to control your blood glucose for a period of 3-6 months, Sukkarto SR is used. Insulin is a hormone that enables body tissues to take glucose from the blood and use it for energy or for storage for future use. People with Type 2 diabetes do not make enough insulin in their pancreas or their body does not respond properly to the insulin it does make. This causes a buildup of glucose in the blood which can cause a number of serious long-term problems so it is important that you continue to take your medicine, even though you may not have any obvious symptoms. Sukkarto SR makes the body more sensitive to insulin and helps return to normal the way your body uses glucose.
Who cannot take Sukkarto SR?
You must not take Sukkarto SR to treat type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are allergic to metformin or any of the other ingredients in the medicine
- Have an allergic reaction may cause a rash, itching or shortness of breath
- Have severely reduced kidney function
- Have uncontrolled diabetes, with, for example, severe hyperglycaemia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss, lactic acidosis or ketoacidosis. Ketoacidosis is a condition in which substances called 'ketone bodies' accumulate in the blood and which can lead to diabetic pre-coma. Symptoms include stomach pain, fast and deep breathing, sleepiness or your breath developing an unusual fruity smell.
- Have lost too much water from your body. Dehydration may lead to kidney problems, which can put you at risk for lactic acidosis
- Have liver problems
- Have a severe infection, such as an infection affecting your lung or bronchial system or your kidney. Severe infections may lead to kidney problems, which can put you at risk for lactic acidosis
- Have been treated for acute heart problems or have recently had a heart attack or have severe circulatory problems or breathing difficulties. This may lead to a lack in oxygen supply to tissue which can put you at risk for lactic acidosis
- Are a heavy drinker of alcohol
- Are under the age of 18 years
You must contact your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty breathing
- Slower heartbeat
- Reduced body temperature
How do I buy Sukkarto SR online?
You can safely buy Sukkarto SR online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Sukkarto SR is the right medication for your medical condition.