This page (together with our Privacy and Cookies Policy and
Acceptable Use Policy) tells you information about us and the legal
terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we make available products
("Products") and services ("Services"), from our website,
www.ukmeds.co.uk, ("our site") to you.
Our site facilitates your access to an online clinical assessment for the purpose of issuing private
prescriptions and supplying medication ("Prescribed Medicines") to you.
These Terms also govern the ownership and use of any materials, documentation and intellectual property
rights belonging to us or any of our associates ("Material").
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them. Before you place an order for
Products (including Prescribed Medicines) or Services on our site ("Order"), you will be
asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be allowed to order
Products or Services from our site.
- Information about us
- We are UK Meds Direct Limited, a company registered in England with company number 10225625
and our registered office at Unit 1-2 Hawksworth Road, West Bridgford,
Nottingham, United Kingdom, NG2 5FS (the "Company", "we" or
"us"). Our VAT number is 04058285. We are responsible for operating our
- We work with selected third party suppliers ("Associates"), including
registered general medical practitioners ("GPs") and pharmacists
("Pharmacists"), who are responsible for providing the Products and/or
Services through our site in accordance with their own terms and conditions. You should review
and accept such terms and conditions prior to placing an Order for Products or Services.
- Contacting us
- The easiest way to contact us is by email. You can
also contact us by telephone on +44 (0)115 907 0050. Please
include your Order number or account details to help us to identify you.
- Where reference is made in these Terms to communication being made in writing, this shall
be taken to include communication made by us or any Associate by way of onscreen message,
notification, prompt field or other communication or information provided to you via our site
or by email using an email address, which you have provided to us for communication with you.
The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the requirements of service of any documents
in legal proceedings.
- Communication and security
- By accepting these Terms, you are communicating with us electronically and, in doing so,
you are deemed to consent to receiving communications from us or our Associates electronically.
Electronic communications include, but are not limited, to emails, notifications, alerts,
prompts, disclosures and information fields or other information provided via our site. You
agree that any electronic communication made to you by us is sufficient to satisfy any legal
requirement that such communication be made to you in writing.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other
piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as
confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by
you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply
with any of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or
password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How we use your personal information
- The use of your personal information is subject to our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Please
ensure that you have read and understood our Privacy and Cookies Policy before placing your
- We will not use any of your personal information for any purpose other than those contained
within our Privacy and Cookies Policy and as set out below.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us in order to:
- verify your identity using Experian's Prove ID service;
- enable Associates to provide you with Products and/or Services;
- facilitate payments and refunds for Products and/or Services;
- enhance and improve the quality of Products and/or Services that we provide;
- comply with requests made by regulatory bodies and/or as otherwise required by
- provide relevant information to your regular healthcare providers; and/or
- for the prevention of fraud and/or other relevant criminal offences.
- We use identity verification services in order to check your details, which are checked
against multiple sources, including the electoral roll and credit reference agencies. By
agreeing to these Terms, you are giving us permission to make these checks. If we cannot verify
your identity using these checks, we will contact you requesting further evidence of your
- You give your consent for information about yourself, your health and your current
medications including, but not limited to, the information you divulge as part of the online
clinical assessment to be viewed and exchanged by and between us and our employees and
Associates for the purpose of supplying Products and/or Services to you.
- We may make changes to these Terms or our site
- We may amend these Terms from time to time.
- Every time you wish to use our site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the
terms and conditions that apply at that time.
- We may revise these Terms as they apply to your Order from time to time to reflect the
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- where we, in our absolute discretion, deem it necessary or desirable.
- Notwithstanding clause 5.1, if we revise these Terms as they apply to your Order, we will
endeavour (but without obligation) to contact you to advise you of the changes.
- We may also update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to the Products
and/or Services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
- Links to third party websites on our site are provided solely for your convenience. If you
use these links, you leave our site. We have not reviewed these third party websites and do not
control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We
therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there,
or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third
party websites linked to our site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does
not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval
or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our
site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out
above, please contact email@example.com
- Cancellation by you
- You can cancel an Order with immediate effect at any time by giving us written notice if:
- we breach these Terms in a material way and we have failed to remedy the breach not
less than 14 days from the day upon which you notified us in writing of that
- our performance under these Terms is affected by an "Event Outside Our Control"
under clause 17;
- we enter liquidation or upon the appointment of a receiver or administrator over
our assets; or
- at any time up to the commencement of the Service.
- Refunds - limitations
- You will not be entitled to a refund arising from:
- the unavailability of any Associate where our site is functioning and an
alternative Associate is available;
- a temporary interruption in the Service; or
- any interruption in the Service through no fault of the Company.
- By accepting these Terms, you agree that Associates may differ in their clinical opinions
and, provided that any online clinical assessment is undertaken in good faith by an Associate,
you will not be entitled to any refund in respect of any Service provided.
- You will not be entitled to receive any refund in relation to any Service where the
provision of such Service is restricted because of:
- your absence;
- insufficient or variable network connectivity;
- a negligent act or omission by you; or
- through no fault of the Company.
- Cancellation by us
- We may from time to time have to cancel an Order before the provision of such Products or
Services has commenced, due to any one of the following:
- an Event Outside Our Control, as defined in clause 17; or
- the unavailability of any Associate or Material, without which we are unable to
provide the Product or Service.
- In the event that any Product or Service becomes unavailable pursuant to clause 9.1, we
will notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable in writing.
- If we cancel an Order pursuant to clause 9.1 and you have paid in advance but the Products
or Services have not yet been provided to you, we will provide you with a full refund.
- We may cancel your Order at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if:
- you do not pay us when you are required to; or
- you are otherwise in breach of these Terms and you do not remedy your breach within
7 days of us asking you to in writing, or sooner if reasonably required.
- From time to time, we will request certain information from you which may be confidential
and/or covered by data protection legislation, for example, details of any medical conditions.
If you do not provide us with this information, or you provide us with incomplete or incorrect
information, we may suspend the provision of the Services or the supply of the Products by
giving you written notice. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance where you
have not provided this information to us and we will not be obliged to provide you with any
refund in such circumstances.
- Unacceptable Use
- We reserve the right to deny you access to our site, or terminate the provision of Products
and/or Services, including removal of your account and information, immediately upon notice,
where we determine that you have been abusive or have behaved in an inappropriate manner
towards any Associate or any employee or agent of the Company, including:
- using foul language, threatening, inappropriate, abusive, offensive behaviour or
- engaging in any behaviour believed to be time-wasting; or
- using the Services excessively, as determined in our reasonable opinion.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available to you free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site or any Material on it, will always be available or be
uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our
site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any
suspension or withdrawal.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your
internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions,
including those of our Associates, and that they comply with them.
- Delivery of Products
- Products will either be made available to you for collection or delivered directly to an
address of your choosing. We will inform you of any collection or delivery costs at the time of
your Order and the expected date and time for collection or delivery.
- Prescribed Medicines will be charged per item prescribed at the price stated on our site at
the time of dispensing.
- Once an order has been processed, both shipping and billing address cannot be changed as the prescription cannot be altered.
- Display and availability of Products
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, including
descriptions of any Product or Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees,
whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to
- The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only.
- Products may vary from the images on our site and we accept no responsibility for any
reliance that you may place on the accuracy of the images used on our site.
- The packaging for the Products may vary from time to time to that shown on images on our
- All Products shown on our site remain at all times subject to availability. If the Product
you have ordered is unavailable, we will notify you as soon as possible and we will refund your
- Price of Products and Services
- The prices of the Products or Services will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit
your Order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products and Services are
correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto our site.
- Prices for Products or Services may change from time to time but changes will not affect
any Order you have placed prior to the change.
- The price of a Product or Service includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current
rate chargeable in the UK.
- The price of a Product does not include collection or delivery charges, which shall be as
stated on our site before you place your Order.
- Our site contains a large number of Products and Services. It is always possible that,
despite our best efforts, some of these Products or Services may be incorrectly priced. We will
normally check our prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- where the Product's or Service’s correct price is lower than the price stated on
our site, we will charge the lower amount when providing such Products or Services to
you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have
reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide such
Products or Services to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
- if the Product's or Service’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our
site, we will notify you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will
give you the option of continuing to order the Product or Service at the correct price
or cancelling your Order. We will not process your Order until we have received your
- Making payment
- Payment for all Products, Services and collection or delivery charges must be made at the
time of placing your Order.
- Payment for Products or Services can be made by debit or credit card.
- You are responsible for providing valid debit or credit card details. We reserve the right
to not provide Products or Services to you if your payment details have expired or are invalid.
In such cases, we will attempt to contact you to enable you to provide updated
- Payments are provided on a 'continuous authority' basis, allowing for further payments or
refunds to your payment card if necessary.
- To ensure that your debit or credit card is not being used without your consent, we will
validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process
against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these Terms, you consent to such checks
being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed
to a registered credit reference agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is
done only to confirm your identity. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will
not be affected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in
accordance with current and applicable data protection legislation.
- Our liability to you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do
so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the
negligence of our employees, agents, subcontractors or Associates and for fraud or fraudulent
- We will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of
statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or for any indirect or consequential loss
arising under or in connection with your Order.
- Subject to clause 16.1, our total liability to you whether in contract, tort (including
negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the
provision of the Products or Services shall be limited to the amount paid by you in respect of
such Product or Service.
- Our site is not designed and is not suitable for the treatment and/or management of a
medical emergency or any acute condition or condition that would otherwise warrant analysis,
diagnosis or treatment in person or where analysis, diagnosis or treatment would be required on
an urgent basis.
- We will take all appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or
unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or
damage to, personal data but subject to that and our obligations under law as a data
controller, we shall not be responsible for any data loss or unauthorised access by other
persons, whether a result of unauthorised access, misaddress, technical failure, technical
interference, negligence or otherwise.
- We disclaim all warranties, express or implied (to the extent permitted by law) including,
but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular
purpose. We do not warrant that our site or any notification sent by us to you will be free of
viruses or other harmful components.
- We do not accept any liability or responsibility for the actions or omissions of any third
party, including Associates.
- We only supply Products and Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the
Products or Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and we shall have no
liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of
business opportunity if you use such Products or Services otherwise than in accordance with
- Prescribed Medicines are supplied in accordance with information you provide to us and to
our Associates through online clinical assessments on our site. We are not liable for any loss
or damage from your use of any Prescribed Medicine if you supply incorrect or incomplete
- We are not liable for loss or damage, which arises from your failure to inform your GP or
other healthcare professional about any Products or Services which you order from our
- We are not liable for any loss or damage, which results from your failure to follow advice
given on our site.
- You accept that the advice provided through our site does not replace the advice provided
to you by your GP and that you should consult with your GP and other healthcare professionals
on the Products and/or Services supplied through our site.
- Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance
of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an "Event Outside Our Control",
as defined in clause 17.2.
- An "Event Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our
reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action
by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist
attack, war or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake,
subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that substantially affects the performance of
our obligations under these Terms:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of
our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
Where the Event Outside Our Control affects the supply of Products to you, we will
arrange a new collection or delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control
- You may cancel an Order if an Event Outside Our Control, persists for a period of not less
than 7 days. To cancel your Order, you must notify us in writing, subject to clause 2.
- We may cancel an Order if an Event Outside Our Control persists for a period of not less
than 28 days.
- Your obligations
- Important: If you provide false or misleading information at any time when using our site or consulting with our Associates, then you acknowledge that it is possible that a prescription may be issued based on the incomplete information that you have provided, which could have severe or even potentially life threatening consequences. By using our site and consenting to these terms, you agree not to provide false, inaccurate or misleading information at any time. To do so would be a breach of these terms.
- By accepting these Terms, you agree that:
- all information you provide to us and to our Associates will be a fair and accurate reflection and will not omit anything of material importance;
- should you become aware that any information relating to your medical records, tests or prescriptions is inaccurate or incomplete, you shall bring it to our attention promptly;
- you will ensure that you comply wherever possible with all instructions, advice and treatment provided to you by any Associate;
- you will inform your GP about Prescribed Medicines supplied and advice given to you through our site;
- if, through your use of our site, you have any doubts, or concerns relating to any information, advice or instructions, which have been provided to you or failed to be received by you via the Services, or relating to your health, or any conditions, you will seek further independent medical opinion as soon as is reasonably practicable from an alternative healthcare professional and/or shall utilise the emergency services as applicable;
- you will comply with any instructions (including but limited to route, timing and dosage) given to you by an Associate in relation to any Prescribed Medicine;
- you will report any side effects of any Prescribed Medicine as soon as reasonably possible;
- you will not register or attempt to register on behalf of any other person for access to our site nor will you provide information in response to an online clinical assessment or represent yourself to be any other person; and
- you will not register or attempt to register with our site more than once.
- Intellectual Property
- Any content used by us on our site and all Materials are subject to protection by
copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
- You agree that you shall not interfere with any copyright or proprietary notices on our
- You acknowledge that you shall not at any time acquire any rights in the copyright or any
other intellectual property rights in any Materials, content or any other documents or items
provided through our site.
- You shall be entitled to use the content, materials, documents and other information as set
out in clauses 19.1 to 19.3 for your own personal use and in connection to receiving the
Services from us but you shall not be entitled to make copies, edit, alter or distribute, nor
shall you make any materials or information referred to in this clause available through a
file-sharing network or facilitate or allow any other person to do the same.
- All content available and included on our site, such as text, graphics, logos, button
icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is our property
or of our content suppliers and is subject to protection by copyright and other intellectual
property rights. The collective use of all content on our site is our sole and exclusive
property. Any software used on our site is our property or our software suppliers and is
subject to protection by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Trade Marks
- UKMEDSTM is a trade mark of the Company.
- International Use
- Our site may be accessed from outside of the United Kingdom. However, our site must not be
used under any circumstances where the law of any other jurisdiction would govern the use of
- We cannot guarantee that any Materials on our site are suitable for use in all locations
outside the United Kingdom, nor will we guarantee that the use of such Materials will be
compliant with the governing laws in those locations outside of the jurisdiction of
- Accessing our site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is
prohibited under these Terms. We accept no responsibility whatsoever and however incurred for
any even arising from your use of our site from locations outside the United Kingdom.
- Any dispute or claim arising under these Terms must be notified to us in writing within 14
days of such dispute or claim arising. Such notice must set out full particulars of the dispute
or claim to enable us to know and understand what it relates to. Any failure by you to give
written notice within such time limit will prevent you from making such claim.
- In the event that a dispute arises in connection with any provision contained within these
Terms, we and you each agrees to seek resolution of the dispute.
- If the dispute cannot be resolved within 60 days of the initial notification of a dispute
by either party, we each agree to attempt to settle it through mediation in accordance with the
Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution Model ("CEDR") Mediation
- Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator will be selected by CEDR.
- To initiate the mediation, either party must give the other written notice ("ADR
Notice") requesting the mediation. A copy of the request should be sent to CEDR.
- The mediation will start not less than 60 days from the date of the provision of the ADR
- The parties irrevocably agree that neither party may commence any court proceedings in
relation to any dispute arising out of any matter relating to these Terms until it has first
attempted to settle the dispute by mediation and either the mediation has been terminated or
the other party has failed to participate in the mediation for a period of not less than 30
days from the date of the commencement of the mediation.
- Other important terms
- Each clause of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides
that any clause or sub-clause is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses and
sub-clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we
do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we
have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those
obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not
mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of England. This means that any dispute or claim
arising out of or in connection with these Terms will be governed by English law. By accepting
these Terms, you irrevocably agree that the courts of England will have exclusive
- Your Consumer Rights
- Consumers have legal rights in relation to Products and/or Services that are faulty or,
subject to clause 13, not as described. You can obtain advice about your legal rights from your
local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office. These Terms do not affect your
- You acknowledge and agree that by purchasing any Products or Services through our site, no
contract of sale, retail or other commercial arrangement is created between you and us. Our
relationship with you when purchasing such Products and Services is as a facilitator for the
purpose of you placing your Order with the Associate.
- The Associate, who will provide the Products and/or Services direct to you, will do so
under its own terms and conditions of supply.
- We will not be held liable for any Product and/or Services that you purchase from an
- When placing an order for a Product and/or Service through our site, you will receive
written confirmation of your Order from us. This confirmation, however, will be subject to
acceptance of the Order by the applicable Associate.
- Your contract with the Associate will subsist at the time when your Order has been placed
with the Associate by us acting as agent and such Order has been duly accepted by the
Associate. The basis of your contract with the Associate will be governed by the Associate’s
own terms and conditions.