The Eye Doctor Essential Antibacterial Compress
The Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress from The Eye Doctor offers hot or cold soothing comfort for the treatment of dry, sore or gritty eyes. This antibacterial reusable compress allows you to regularly treat irritated eyes at home for symptomatic relief when you need it. It is also suitable for those with blepharitis, meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) and chalazion.
- Hot or cold soothing comfort
- Can be heated 200 times
- Antibacterial reusable compress
About the Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress
- Each pack contains an antibacterial reusable eye mask, eyelid wipes, a storage box, an instruction booklet and information on massage technique procedure
- The compress can be used hot or cold depending on your symptoms or the condition being treated
- The compress can be heated over 200 times
- The fabric of the eye mask is antimicrobial to the main causes of eye infections, helping to keep your eyes healthy.
What is Dry Eye Disease?
Dry eye disease is a common condition affecting 1 in 5 of the UK population. It causes uncomfortable, red, scratchy, or gritty eyes that feel irritated. Despite the name of the condition, some people may experience eyes that are more watery than usual.
It is thought that the culprit behind the high rates of dry eye disease could be the increase in screen time during the pandemic. Computer and screen use may decrease the frequency of blinking, leaving the eye inadequately lubricated. This leads to irritation.
How Does the Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress Work?
The Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress has been clinically proven to treat a range of eye conditions. The compress can be warmed in the microwave to treat the following:
- Dry eye disease or its symptoms including soreness, irritation, or grittiness
- Meibomian gland dysfunction or MGD – a dysfunction of the oil glands on the edge of the eyelid
- Blepharitis – inflammation of the eyelids
- Chalazion – eyelid cysts.
When the heated compress is applied to the eye area, it gently warms the eyelids. The heat stimulates the glands to produce healthy oils to lubricate the eyes and reduce irritation and grittiness. Eyelid wipes are also included with the compress, helping to reduce any bacterial build-up around the eye.
The compress can be used cold to help relieve symptoms of:
- Hay fever
- Eye inflammation
- Headaches or migraines.
The eye compress has a removable cover which can be washed between uses.
How Do I Use the Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress?
There are three steps to using the heated dry eye compress.
1. Apply Heat
Heat the compress in the microwave according to the instructions. This heats the BodyBeads contained inside. Check the temperature of the compress with your hand before applying it to the eye area. The warmth of the compress will stimulate the glands to produce healthy oils to lubricate the eyes.
2. Massage the Area
Follow the instructions included in the eyelid massage technique procedure. Gentle massage encourages the glands to produce healthy oils again, reducing the symptoms of dry eye disease and other eye conditions.
3. Clean the Eyelids
Use the enclosed eyelid wipes, or a clean tissue, to clean the base of the eyelashes and eyelids. This helps to reduce any bacterial build up which may be causing some of the symptoms. Use one eyelid wipe or tissue per eye, and discard after every use.
Side Effects and Precautions
Before using the Antibacterial Dry Eye Compress, you should consult a doctor if you:
- Have ever had, or are awaiting, eye surgery
- Have eye disease including glaucoma
- Take any medications
- Have any allergies.
If irritation occurs when using the compress or eyelid wipes, seek medical advice.