The Eye Doctor Tea Tree Lid Wipes - 20 Wipes
The Eye Doctor Tea Tree Eyelid Wipes contain a unique formula suitable for those with a range of eye conditions including dry eye disease. Each single-use wipe is designed for use as part of your regular eyelid hygiene regime.
- 100% biodegradable
- Gently cleans and soothes
- Individually wrapped wipes
About Biodegradable Tea Tree Eyelid Wipes
- Each pack contains 20 individually wrapped Eyelid Wipes
- The Eyelid Wipes gently clean the eyelids and eyelashes, soothing painful or irritated eyes
- The wipes are suitable for irritated eyes that occur due to conditions including meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), blepharitis, dry eye disease and Demodex mites
- Suitable for use at home or when you are traveling or on-the-go
- The wipes are 100% biodegradable.
What is Dry Eye Disease?
Dry eye disease affects around 20% of the UK population. The high prevalence of dry eye disease is thought to be linked to increased screen use during the pandemic. Using a screen reduces the frequency of blinking, so that the eye might be inadequately lubricated during the day.
This means that many of us are noticing eyes that feel uncomfortable, scratchy, irritated, or gritty. The eye may also appear redder than usual. Despite the name, some people find that their eyes become more watery when they have dry eye disease.
How Do the Tea Tree Biodegradable Eyelid Wipes Work?
The Eyelid Wipes contain a unique blend of ingredients to support healthy eyes and eyelids.
- Tea tree oil helps to control natural oil levels on the skin and cleans excess meibum produced by the glands along the edge of the eyelid. Tea tree also has natural antibacterial properties.
- Argan oil gives skin a natural boost as it is high in skin-friendly vitamin E.
- Micellar water is a gentle cleanser which helps to remove dirt, debris and make up while also keeping the skin of the eyelid well hydrated.
- Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and conditions the skin.
Each wipe is pre-soaked in a unique, effective formula. By smoothing dirt, debris and other irritants away from the eye, the eyes are left soothed and cleansed. The natural antibacterial properties also help to ensure excellent daily eyelid hygiene.
The wipes are not only suitable for those with dry eye disease, but also for the following eye conditions:
- Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) – a dysfunction of the oil glands along the edge of the eyelid which may reduce lubrication of the eye
- Blepharitis – inflammation of the eyelids, especially along the line of the eyelashes
- Demodex – small mites that live near hair follicles, including the eyelashes. Each wipe is fully biodegradable.
How Do I use the Tea Tree Biodegradable Eyelid Wipes?
Each Eyelid Wipe is individually wrapped to ensure it remains fresh, with no risk of it drying out before use. You should remove any contact lenses before using the Eyelid Wipes.
The following steps will help you to ensure the best daily eyelid hygiene:
- Wash your hands
- Open one sachet to remove the wipe
- Close one or both eyes, whichever is easier or more comfortable for you
- Wipe one closed eye from the nasal corner of the eye outwards towards the temple across the eyelashes
- Gently repeat if required
- As the Eyelid Wipes are single use only, you must dispose of each wipe after use. Repeat this process on the other eye using a new Eyelid Wipe.
Side Effects and Precautions
Before using the Eyelid Wipes, you should consult a doctor if you:
- Have ever had, or are awaiting, eye surgery
- Have eye disease including glaucoma
- Take any medications
- Have any allergies.
If irritation occurs when using the Eyelid Wipes, seek medical advice.