Bank Holiday updates: For next day delivery, orders will need to be placed before 4pm on Tuesday 31st May for delivery on Wednesday. Orders placed after this time will be delivered from Monday 6th June.
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective at managing type-2 diabetes
- Blocks the breakdown of incretin hormones
- Inhibits glucose production
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Because insulin is linked to the level of sugar in your blood, diabetic people end up with a much higher amount, which Vipdomet works to lower and control.
to receive your order Friday 27th May
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered pharmacies
What is Vipdomet?
Vipdomet is an oral anti-diabetic, used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How does Vipdomet work?
Those with type 2 diabetes have pancreas’ that do not make enough insulin, or their bodies simply aren’t able to use it properly. Because insulin is linked to the level of sugar in your blood, diabetic people end up with a much higher amount, which Vipdomet works to lower and control.
What are the benefits of taking Vipdomet?
Diabetes is a lifelong illness, although type 2 often doesn’t develop until later in life and is linked to being overweight or inactive. Symptoms can include excessive thirst, frequent urination and extreme tiredness or fatigue.
It’s important to manage the disease, as it can cause serious health problems with your eyes, heart and nervous system, and Vipdomet will help you do this.
How do I use Vipdomet?
Vipdomet is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, at the same time as food to lower the risk of an upset stomach (side effect). You can take it at any time of day, however keeping your chosen time consistent will help you remember to take it.
Vipdomet contains the active ingredients alogliptin and metformin, in strengths of either 2.5 mg/850 mg or 2.5 mg/1,000 mg respectively, per tablet.
The normal dose is one tablet twice a day, however your doctor will decide which dose is best based on your personal circumstances such as if you have kidney problems.
If you forget to take your Vipdomet tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s nearly time for your next tablet. In this case, you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one, as you should never take a double dose.
If you take more Vipdomet than you should, then go to your doctor or nearest emergency department immediately, as it can cause lactic acidosis, a serious condition that can lead to a coma. Symptoms include feeling or being sick, stomach ache with muscle cramps and severe tiredness or difficulty breathing.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Vipdomet, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Vipdomet if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are allergic to alogliptin, metformin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have had a serious allergic reaction to any other similar medicines
- if you have severely reduced kidney function
- if you have uncontrolled diabetes, with, for example, severe hyperglycaemia
- if you have a severe infection or are seriously dehydrated
- if you recently had a heart attack or have severe circulatory problems
- if you have severe breathing difficulties
- if you have liver disease
- if you drink alcohol excessively (either every day or in large quantities from time to time)
Your prescription of Vipdomet may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- if you have type 1 diabetes (your body does not produce insulin)
- if you are taking Vipdomet with insulin or a thiazolidinedione
- if you are taking another medicine for diabetes that contains a “sulphonylurea”
- if you have or have had a disease of the pancreas
Like many medications with active ingredients, Vipdomet can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- hydrocortisone and prednisolone used to treat inflammation
- bronchodilators, used to treat asthma
- medicines which increase urine production (diuretics)
- medicines used to treat pain and inflammation
- certain medicines used for the treatment of high blood pressure
- medicines containing alcohol.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Vipdomet will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all diabetic patients (regardless of treatment), you should also check your feet regularly and follow the foot care advice given by your doctor.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby then you should speak to your doctor before starting treatment with Vipdomet, as it may not be suitable.
Even when taking this medicine, you will still need to follow a diet and exercise plan in order to keep your diabetes well-managed. Always follow the advice of your doctor, pharmacist or nurse and contact them if you are unsure. You should also avoid excessive alcohol intake because it can increase the risk of developing lactic acidosis.
The most common side effects of using Vipdomet include:
- Stomach ache
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as trembling, blurred vision, or severe and persistent abdominal pain.
How do I buy Vipdomet online?
You can safely buy Vipdomet online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Vipdomet is the right medication for your medical condition.