Images for illustrative purposes only
- Effective HRT medication
- Oestrogen only
- Suitable for women who have had a hysterectomy
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order Thursday 23rd September
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Zumenon?
Zumenon is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), used to treat women who have started to show signs of the menopause.
How does Zumenon work?
During a woman’s menopause, natural levels of oestrogen production begin to drop. Zumenon contains the female hormone; an oestrogen called estradiol hemihydrate, which works to replenish a woman’s natural levels and offset the effects of menopause.
What are the benefits of taking Zumenon?
Symptoms of menopause include hot flashes (of the face, neck and chest), irregular menstrual cycle, night sweats, weight gain, thinning of hair and mood changes.
These symptoms can often disrupt daily life so using HRT medication, such as Zumenon, can restore the natural hormone balance.
How do I use Zumenon?
Zumenon is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet. Your doctor will aim to prescribe you as lower dose as possible in order to treat your symptoms.
Take one tablet each day, at approximately the same time of day, by swallowing whole with a drink of water.
If you are not having periods and are not currently on any HRT medication, or are switching from a combined continuous type, you can start taking Zumenon on any suitable day. If you are switching from a cyclic or sequential HRT drug, then you should start Zumenon once you have finished your current pack.
Zumenon contains the active ingredient of the female hormone, oestrogen. The tablets are available in two different strengths and your doctor will prescribe you the weakest one possible.
In Zumenon 1mg, the tablets contain 1mg of estradiol (as estradiol hemihydrate), while Zumenon 2mg contains 2mg of estradiol (as estradiol hemihydrate).
If you forget to take your Zumenon tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s more than 12 hours late. In this case, you should dispose of the missed tablet and resume taking the medication as normal. Do not double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Zumenon than you should, then you should have no problems. However, you may have side effects like nausea, dizziness and withdrawal bleeding. If you are worried then you should contact your doctor.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Zumenon, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Zumenon if any of the following apply to you:
- If you have ever had breast cancer or are suspected of having it
- If you have cancer that is sensitive to oestrogens
- If you have any unexplained vaginal bleeding
- If you have excessive thickening of the womb lining
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in a vein
- If you have a blood clotting disorder
- If you have ever had a disease caused by blood clotting in the arteries
- If you have ever had a liver disease
- If you have a rare blood problem called porphyria
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medication
Your prescription of Zumenon may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- If you’ve ever had fibroids inside the womb
- If you’ve ever had growth of the womb lining outside of your womb
- If you have an increased risk of developing blood clots
- If you have an increased risk of oestrogen-sensitive cancer
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a liver disorder
- If you have diabetes
- If you have gallstones
- If you suffer with migraines or severe headaches
- If you have a disease of the immune system that affects many organs
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have asthma
- If you have a disease affecting the eardrum and hearing
- If you have a very high level of fat in your blood
- If you have fluid retention due to cardiac or kidney problems
Like many medications with active ingredients, Zumenon can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Medicines for epilepsy
- Medicines for tuberculosis
- Medicines for HIV infection
- Herbal remedies contains St John’s Wort.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Zumenon will be the best course of action for you.
Taking HRT medication can increase your chances of excessive thickening of the lining of the womb, cancer of the womb lining, and breast cancer so be sure to pay attention to your body, inspect your breasts regularly and notify your doctor of any changes you notice.
Blood clots are higher in HRT users than in non-users, especially during the first year of taking it. Again, you should keep an eye out for any possible signs of a blood clot and contact your doctor if you notice anything different.
The most common side effects of using Zumenon include:
- feeling sick
- leg cramps
- abdominal pain
- pelvic pain
- unscheduled bleeding or spotting
- weight changes
- rash or itching
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor immediately if you experience any serious side effects.
How do I buy Zumenon online?
You can safely buy Zumenon online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Zumenon is the right medication for your medical condition.