Images for illustrative purposes only
- Diuretic medication for high blood pressure
- Reduces the fluid retention in your body
- Helps blood to flow more easily
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow, 19th June
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Bendroflumethiazide?
Bendroflumethiazide is a medicine that belongs to a group called diuretics, used to treat high blood pressure and water retention.
How does Bendroflumethiazide work?
Bendroflumethiazide works by affecting your kidneys to increase the amount of water and salt that comes out through your urine. As high blood pressure can be caused too much salt and fluid build-up in your blood vessels, Bendroflumethiazide lowers your blood pressure by flushing this out.
What are the benefits of taking Bendroflumethiazide?
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Bendroflumethiazide, to manage the condition in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
How do I use Bendroflumethiazide?
Bendroflumethiazide is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, with or without food. You should take it at the same time of day, in the morning.
Bendroflumethiazide contains the active ingredient bendroflumethiazide, in strengths of either 2.5mg or 5mg per tablet.
The normal starting dose is one 2.5mg tablet a day, which then may be increased by your doctor if they think you need it. You may be prescribed a slightly lower starting dose if you are elderly, and the dose will differ if you are using this medication to treat fluid retention, as opposed to high blood pressure.
If you forget to take your Bendroflumethiazide tablet then simply take it as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time for your next dose. In this case, just skip the forgotten one entirely as you should never double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Bendroflumethiazide than you should, then go to your nearest doctor or emergency department immediately. You could experience overdose symptoms such as thirst, increase in the frequency and amount of urination and changes in the levels of salts in your blood.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Bendroflumethiazide, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Bendroflumethiazide if any of the following apply to you:
- are allergic to bendroflumethiazide, other sulphonamide-derived medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have high levels of calcium in your blood
- have severe liver or kidney problems, or you are unable to pass urine
- have underactive adrenal glands
- have low levels of sodium in your blood
- have low levels of potassium in your blood
Your prescription of Bendroflumethiazide may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- have taken high doses of Bendroflumethiazide Tablets or have taken the tablets for a long time
- have severe heart disease or are taking digitalis preparations
- are seriously ill
- suffer from a condition known as hyponatraemia (low blood levels of sodium)
- ave low blood levels of magnesium
- are diabetic or suffer from gout
- have a condition known as systemic lupus erythematosus
- suffer from alcoholic cirrhosis
- have severe asthma and are taking medicines called beta-agonists
- have porphyria
- suffer from diseases affecting blood cells or platelets
- suffer from pancreatitis
Like many medications with active ingredients, Bendroflumethiazide can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- other medicines used to treat high blood pressure
- medicines used for treating irregular heart beats and other heart problems
- medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease
- medicines used to treat epilepsy
- medicines taken for depression and mental illness
- other diuretics
- medicines used for diabetes
- medicines used to treat asthma called beta-agonists
- medicines used in the treatment of gout
- medicines called prostaglandins
- medicines used to treat fungal infections
- medicines used to treat bacterial infections
- medicines used to treat malaria
- medicines used as dietary supplements
- medicines used to treat inflammation
- medicines used to treat stomach ulcers
- medicines used to treat high blood cholesterol
- medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- medicines called antihistamines, used to treat allergies
- medicines called muscle relaxants,
- medicines used in the treatment of breast cancer
- medicines used to treat kidney and skin cancer (melanoma)
- medicines called general anaesthetics, used to stop pain during surgery
- medicines used to suppress the immune system following organ transplants.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Bendroflumethiazide will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
You should consult your doctor before drinking alcohol while on Bendroflumethiazide, as it could make you feel faint or dizzy. If you feel faint or dizzy at any point then you should avoid driving or using machinery.
The most common side effects of using Bendroflumethiazide include:
- tingling or numbness in the hands or feet
- dry mouth and thirst
- inflammation of blood vessels, often with skin rash
- an increase in uric acid in your blood (gout)
- being unable to achieve an erection (impotence) or reduced sexual desire
- changes to various types of blood cells and levels
- severe stomach pain which may reach through to your back (pancreatitis)
- pale stools, dark urine, yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- inflammation of the kidney
- severe pain in the lower back or sides (kidney stones)
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as shortness of breath, seizures or a skin reaction.
How do I buy Bendroflumethiazide online?
You can safely buy Bendroflumethiazide online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Bendroflumethiazide is the right medication for your medical condition.