Order by 10pm. For next day delivery!
Images for illustrative purposes only
- Calcium channel blocker medication
- Widens blood vessels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Istin is used for the treatment of high blood pressure or a certain type of chest pain called angina. Istin contains the active ingredient amlodipine, which belongs to the group of medicines called calcium antagonists.
to receive your order tomorrow, 29th June
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered pharmacies
What is Istin?
Istin is used for the treatment of high blood pressure or a certain type of chest pain called angina.
Istin contains the active ingredient amlodipine, which belongs to the group of medicines called calcium antagonists.
How does Istin work?
In patients suffering from high blood pressure, Istin works by causing blood vessels to relax, which allow the blood to pass through more easily.
In patients with angina, this medication works by improving the supply of blood to the heart muscle which ten receives more oxygen and as result, chest pain is prevented and relieved. Istin does not provide immediate relief of chest pain from angina.
What are the benefits of using Istin?
The main benefit of using Istin is its ability to lower blood pressure and relieve the chest pain called angina.
How do I use Istin?
Always take Istin exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor if you are not sure.
Istin is to be taken by mouth before or after a meal or a drink. It is recommended that you take Istin at approximately the same time each day with a drink of water. Do not take this medicine with grapefruit juice.
If you forget to take a tablet as scheduled, leave it out completely. Take your next dose at the right time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Your doctor will advise you how long to take this medicine. Your condition may return if you stop using this medicine before you are advised.
If you have questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or your pharmacist.
The recommended initial dose of Istin for adults is 5 mg once daily. The dose can be increased to Istin 10 mg once daily.
For children and adolescents (6-17 years old), the recommended starting dose is 2.5 mg once daily. The maximum recommended dose is 5 mg a day. Istin 5 mg tablets can be divided into halves to provide a 2.5 mg dose.
Side effects & precautions
As with all medicines, Istin can cause some unwanted side effects, although not everyone who uses the medicine gets them.
See your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects after taking Istin:
- Sudden wheezing, chest pain difficulty of breathing, or shortness of breath
- Swelling of the throat and tongue, causing great difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face, eyelids or lips
- Severe skin reactions such as intense skin rash, reddening of the skin over your whole body, hives, severe itching, inflammation of the mucous membranes, and blistering, swelling, and peeling of the skin, or other allergic reactions
- Inflammation of the pancreas which may lead to severe abdominal and back pain and an unwell feeling.
- Heart attack, abnormal heartbeat
A very common side effect of Istin is oedema.
The following are common side effects of Istin:
- Palpitations, flushing
- Headache, sleepiness, or dizziness
- Abdominal pain, nausea
- Weakness or tiredness
- Altered bowel habits, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Muscle cramps
- Ankle swelling
The following are the uncommon side effects of using Istin:
- Trembling, fainting, taste abnormalities
- Mod changes, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness
- Ringing in the ears
- Numbness or tingling sensations in your limbs, loss of pain sensation
- Low blood pressure
- Sneezing/running nose caused by the inflammation of the lining of the nose
- Dry mouth, vomiting
- Hair loss, increased sweating, red patches on the skin, itchy skin, or skin discolouration
- Pain, feeling unwell
- Erectile dysfunction, or an enlargement or swelling of the breasts in men
- Joint or muscle pain, back pain
- Weight increase or decrease
In very rare cases, a person may have confusion as a result of the use of this medication.
Do not take Istin if:
- You are allergic to amlodipine, or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- You have severe low blood pressure
- You have a narrowing of the aortic heart valve or cardiogenic shock
- You have suffered from heart failure after a heart attack.
Before you start using Istin, let your doctor know if you have the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Recent heart attack
- Liver disease
- Severe increase in blood pressure
- You are elderly and your dose needs to be increased.
Istin should not be used in children under the age of 6. It should be used only for hypertension in children and adolescents from 6 years to 17 years of age.
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed by those are taking Istin. Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can lead to an increase in the blood levels of amlodipine, which can lead to an unpredictable increase in the blood pressure lowering effect of this medication.
Istin may affect your ability to drive a vehicle or operate machinery. If the medication makes you feel dizzy, sick, or tired, or gives you a headache, do not drive or operate machinery and contact your doctor immediately.
The safety of Istin in human pregnancy has not been established. If you think you might be pregnant, or are planning to get pregnant, you must consult your doctor before you start taking Istin.
Amlodipine has been known to pass into breast milk in small amounts. If you are breastfeeding or about to start breastfeeding, you must consult your doctor before taking Istin.
Istin is not known to significantly interact with any other medicines, but it is still important that you share with your doctor a list of all the medications you are currently taking. Do not start taking a new medication while taking Istin without first informing your doctor.
How do I buy Istin online?
You can safely buy Istin online at UK Meds. You will need to have first an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Istin is the right medication for your medical condition.