Images for illustrative purposes only
- Dual effect treatment
- Relieves migraine headache
- Eases nausea and visual disturbances
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow, 5th August
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Migard?
Migard tablets are a painkiller specifically prescribed for the relief of migraine headaches. The medicine’s active ingredient is Frovatriptan, a medicine in the group known as serotonin agonist. This medicine is a triptan medication.
How does Migard work?
Migard tablets contain the active ingredient Frovatriptan, a serotonin agonist. This painkiller is recommended for the relief of migraine headaches.
The cause of migraine hasn’t been fully explained, but it is believed to be caused by the widening of the blood vessels in the brain. This then causes the throbbing pain of a migraine headache. Frovatriptan causes the blood vessels to constrict in order to relieve the pain.
Frovatriptan stimulates the serotonin receptors in the human brain. A natural substance - serotonin – makes the blood vessels contract or become narrower. The active ingredient in Migard mimics this action of serotonin. When taken by a patient, the drug stimulates serotonin receptors. This causes the blood vessels to narrow and eventually relieves the pain triggered by the migraine headaches.
What are the benefits of using Migard?
The main benefit of using Migard is the relief it provides for headaches and other symptoms associated with a migraine attack. Migard, with its active ingredient Frovatriptan, narrows the widened blood vessels in the brain to provide relief from the pain.
How do I use Migard?
Strictly follow the instructions of your doctor on how to take this medication. It is important that you read the Patient Information Leaflet that comes with the product package when you fill up your prescription. If you find anything not clear in the instructions, you can ask your doctor or your pharmacist.
Using any type of painkiller to treat headaches for extended periods may actually make your headaches worse. If pain persists and happens to often, see a doctor for a more in-depth consultation.
Migard may cause drowsiness. If you feel this effect, do not drive or operate machinery.
The usual dose of Migard is 0ne 2.5 tablet, taken with sufficient liquid, as soon as your migraine headache starts. However, this medicine is still effective if you take it a later time during the migraine attack. You may take this medicine with or without food.
Migard tablets should be used only when there is a clear diagnosis of a migraine from your doctor.
If you have another migraine headache, a second tablet may be taken later, but it is not advised to take more than one tablet per migraine attack. The second tablet should be taken at least 2 hours after the first dose.
Side effects & precautions
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual users in different ways. The possible side effects of this medicine will not affect everyone who uses it.
The following are the side effects of Migard:
- A headache
- Changes in sensation such as pins and needles
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- A feeling of tightness in the throat
- Increased sweating
- Disturbances of the gut such as indigestion, nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence, constipation, or abdominal pain
- Visual disturbances
- Mood changes
- Anxiety or agitation
- Abnormal thinking
- Feeling weak
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increase in blood pressure
Report to your doctor any other side effects that are associated with your use of this medication.
Migard is not used for preventing migraine attacks.
Do not take Migard:
- If you are allergic to Frovatriptan or any other inactive ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have had a stroke or a mini-stroke
- If you’ve experienced a heart attack or have suffered from certain cardiovascular diseases such as angina pectoris, or circulation disorders
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you have a moderate or severe high blood pressure
- In combination with specific medicines used to treat migraines or other triptans.
Talk to your doctor first before you start taking Migard.
Stop taking Migard and see your doctor right away if you:
- Have g skin rash and itching all over your body, swelling of the lips, eyes, or tongue. These are symptoms of allergy and whole-body hypersensitivity reaction.
- Experience a feeling of pain or tightness in the chest, pain or discomfort in one or both arms, back, shoulders, neck, jaw, or upper part of the stomach
Migard may cause drowsiness. If you are affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Migard should be used with caution in:
- People with risk factors for coronary heart disease, such as high cholesterol levels, smoking, diabetes, family history of heart disease, and obesity.
- Men over 40 years of age
- Post-menopausal women
It is important that you share with your doctor a list of all medications that you are currently taking. Similarly, do not start taking a new medication without first informing your doctor.
If your first dose of Migard is not effective in treating migraine, you may take other painkillers that contains paracetamol, aspirin, or a non-steroidal inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as ibuprofen. You should also remember not to take ergotamine, methysergide, or dihydroergotamine for a period of 24 hours minimum after taking Migard.
Migard should not be taken along with or in combination with other serotonin agonists such as sumatriptan, rizatriptan, and others.
How do I buy Migard online?
You can safely buy Migard online at UK Meds. You will need first to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Migard is the right medication for your medical condition.