Images for illustrative purposes only
- Relaxes the blood vessels
- Blocks the action of angiotensin II
- Effectively lowers blood pressure
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Teveten, to manage high blood pressure.
to receive your order Wednesday 25th May
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Discreet and plain packaging
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered pharmacies
What is Teveten?
Teveten is a medicine that belongs to a group called angiotensin II receptor antagonists, used to treat high blood pressure and reduced heart muscle function.
How does Teveten work?
Teveten works by relaxing the blood vessels, allowing blood to pass through them more easily. It also helps to make it easier for your heart to pump blood to all the parts of your body.
What are the benefits of taking Teveten?
High blood pressure (also known as hypertension) or heart problems can be linked to a number of factors, such as a family history, a diet high in salt or being overweight or inactive.
In addition to some lifestyle changes (such as smoking and/or drinking less and exercising more), it’s often advised to take medication, such as Teveten, to manage the conditions in order to prevent more serious ailments such as stroke, heart attack or blood clots.
How do I use Teveten?
Teveten is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, with or without food. You should take it at the same time of day, in order to help you remember.
Teveten contains the active ingredient eprosartan (as mesilate), in strengths of either 300mg or 600mg per tablet.
The normal starting dose is one 600mg tablet a day, however your doctor may prescribe a different dose if you are elderly, or if you have liver or kidney problems.
If you forget to take your Teveten tablet then take it as soon as you remember, provided it’s not within 12 hours of your next dose. If it is, then you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one. Don’t worry but don’t double up on your dose to make up for a missed one.
If you take more Teveten than you should, then go to your nearest doctor or emergency department immediately.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Teveten, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Teveten if any of the following apply to you:
- You are allergic to eprosartan or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- You have severe liver problems
- You are more than 3 months pregnant
- You have damaged blood flow to the kidneys or serious constrictions in a single functioning kidney
- You have diabetes or impaired kidney function and you are treated with a blood pressure lowering medicine containing aliskiren
Your prescription of Teveten may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- You have heart, kidney or liver problems
- You have narrowing or a blockage of the blood vessels leading to your kidneys or if you only have one kidney
- You have recently been sick or had diarrhoea
- You are taking water tablets (diuretics) and they make you feel dizzy when you stand up
- You are taking water tablets or potassium supplements and you also have a kidney problem
- You think you are (or might become) pregnant
- You have been told you have Conn’s syndrome (primary hyperaldosteronism)
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure
Like many medications with active ingredients, Teveten can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- Medicines for pain and inflammation
- Potassium supplements, potassium-sparing agents or potassium-containing salt substitutes
- Medicines that increase potassium levels such as heparin
- Water tablets (Diuretics)
- Aspirin used for pain, fever and to prevent blood clotting
- Lithium used for mental problems
- ACE inhibitors or aliskiren
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Teveten will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all sufferers of high blood pressure or heart failure, you should pair your medication with some lifestyle changes such as eating healthily, exercising regularly and avoiding excessive smoking or drinking.
Teveten may be used alongside another blood pressure lowering medication, but only under the guidance of your doctor or another medical professional.
The most common side effects of using Teveten include:
- Skin rashes or itching
- Weakness or lack of strength
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting)
- Runny nose
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, or severe skin reactions.
How do I buy Teveten online?
You can safely buy Teveten online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Teveten is the right medication for your medical condition.