Face Masks (PPE)
Hygiene face masks are recommended for use in any situation where protection of the respiratory system is required.
The WHO guidance recommends FFP2 or FFP3 masks during outbreaks of infections such as SARS, Avian Flu and Coronavirus.
- FFP2 grade (N95 equivalent)
- Meets WHO Coronavirus latest guidance
- Protects the respiratory system
- FFP3/N99 grade
- Meets WHO Coronavirus latest guidance
- Offers more protection than FFP1 and FFP2
- Packs of 5 and 50
- 3-ply masks
- Standard, nanofiber and Type IIR
- Fitted with a valve
- Eliminates bacteria
- Works instantly
- 500ml bottles available
- Protects the face
- Made of APET/PET/PVC
- Effective safety measure
- 1 x pack of 50 surgical masks
- 2 x 500ml hand sanitiser
- 2 x FFP2 face masks
- Kills 99.8% of bacteria
- Available in 50ml and 100ml
- Aids in eliminating 99.9% of bacteria
- All you need to do is spray onto the surface and use a clean cloth to wipe
- A perfect surface spray to eliminate bacteria
- Contact and non-contact options
- Advanced temperature range
- Easy to use
- 4 x FFP2 folded unvalved face masks
- 100 paracetamol pack
- 1 x alcohol-based 50ml hand sanitiser
- Recommended for good hygiene
- 100 gloves per box
Do Face Masks work against the Coronavirus?
FFP2 and FFP3 Masks are effective at preventing droplets of moisture from passing through their filters. If someone sneezes who has a Coronavirus infection, wearing an FFP2 or FFP3 mask should provide some protection against being infected. While it isn't a guarantee that you won't get sick, wearing a face mask provides better protection against COVID-19 than not wearing one.
Wearing a medical mask is one of the prevention measures to limit spread of certain respiratory diseases, including 2019-nCoV, in affected areas. However, the use of a mask alone is insufficient to provide the adequate level of protection, and other equally relevant measures should be adopted. If masks are to be used, this measure must be combined with hand hygiene and other IPC measures to prevent the human-to human transmission of 2019-nCov.
Hygiene Face Masks
Where can you buy FFP3 masks in the UK? Get them here at UK Meds. FFP3 surgical masks are available here for sale. If you would like to know where to buy health face masks, get them from UK Meds. We have overnight shipping most nights of the week.
|Buy Face Masks UK||Hygiene Face Masks|
|FFP2 Mask For Coronavirus||Face Masks UK|
|Buy Face Masks||FFP3 Surgical Masks|
|Medical Face Masks UK||Where to buy health face masks|
|FFP2 masks buy||FFP3 mask for Coronavirus|
Other Protective Measures Beyond Face Masks
Face masks should not be the only method of avoiding the Coronavirus. The following are some things you should consider in conjunction with wearing an FFP2 or FFP3 face mask:
- avoid crowds
- wash your hands thoroughly and use sanitiser gel
- maintain distance from anyone exhibiting symptoms such as coughing or sneezing
- cover your mouth with your inner elbow or tissue paper when coughing or sneezing
- refrain from touching your mouth or nose
How to Use a Face Mask
Proper use of face masks is critical for those who wish to avoid being sick. Almost counter-intuitively, wearing a face mask may actually cause an infection if not worn properly. This is because people who wear a face mask are more likely to continually touch their face. It is important that, if you are wearing a face mask, to avoid touching the mask after it has been put in place over your head.
Which are better, FFP2 or FFP3 masks?
Use a particulate respirator at least as protective as a US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)-certified N95, European Union (EU) standard FFP2, or equivalent when performing aerosol generating procedures such as tracheal intubation, noninvasive ventilation, tracheotomy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, manual ventilation before intubation, and bronchoscopy.
FFP3 filters are also recommended against Coronavirus.
The FFP3 face masks differ from the common surgical kind as they are both thicker and come with a filter. FFP3 masks are made of a synthetic fibre, which allows them to filter out finer particles. The valve on the front of the mask also releases air, preventing moisture build-up which causes other models to deteriorate.
You can buy FFP3 face masks from UK Meds.
Where to Buy Face Masks for Coronavirus in the UK
Here at UK Meds, you can buy FFP2 and FFP3 face masks. We have overnight shipping most nights of the week. As you are checking out with your face mask, you can see the date your mask should be delivered.
Information about Face Masks
The UK government has released a guide on how to wear a face mask. In the guide they instruct you on how to wear a face mask, as well as how to construct one made of cloth if you don't have a commercially made mask to wear.
While the UK government has a plan for easing lockdown restrictions, this plan still includes wearing a face mask.
The public will be advised to wear face coverings in crowded places and wash their clothes regularly, as the government imposes “smarter controls” to limit the spread the coronavirus until a successful treatment or vaccine is found.
If you have not yet begun to wear a face mask, you may want to consider doing so. This is because emerging evidence suggests the benefits may outweigh the risks.
We now know that people are infectious before symptoms of the Covid-19 disease start to appear, and some never show any symptoms at all.
Knowing that someone can be infectious without necessarily showing signs of being infected means that wearing masks (even when you feel fine) could prevent the spread of infection if you actually have Covid-19 but are asymptomatic.
Learn More about PPE:
- How to Wear a Face Mask Properly
- How to Clean N95 Face Masks
- N95 vs N99 vs Surgical Masks
- Could Wearing Face Masks Be The New Norm?
- What types of face masks are helpful during the coronavirus pandemic?
- What's the difference between valved and unvalved face masks?
- Are surgical masks effective at preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- Should you wear a face mask in public? The science says yes
- The Role of PPE In Fight Against Covid-19
- Does wearing disposable gloves help prevent coronavirus?
- Hand Sanitisers and Other Personal Protective Equipment
- How Do Hand Sanitisers Help vs Coronavirus?
- Spring Cleaning During a Pandemic
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap and Water vs Coronavirus
- What are N95 Masks?
- Protecting Yourself From Coronavirus
- How Effective Are Face Masks?
- Difference Between FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3 Face Masks
- Why Is There a Shortage of Face Masks?
- Things not to do during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Should i wear a mask to protect against coronavirus?
Your treatment discreetly to your door in three easy steps
Choose your treatment
Sit back, relax and choose your one-off or subscription of medication on any device from anywhere.
Complete a consultation
With complete privacy and confidentiality your form is checked by a pharmacist independent prescriber and then dispensed by UK Meds online pharmacy.
Receive your delivery
With same day service in parts of the UK, you can have your treatment delivery discreetly within hours.