Images for illustrative purposes only
- Drug to control type-2 diabetes
- Lessens risk of future health problems
- Increases insulin release
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order Tuesday 22nd September
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Jentadueto?
Jentadueto is an oral anti-diabetic, used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How does Jentadueto work?
Those with type 2 diabetes have pancreas’ that do not make enough insulin, or their bodies simply aren’t able to use it properly. Because insulin is linked to the level of sugar in your blood, diabetic people end up with a much higher amount, which Jentadueto works to lower and control.
What are the benefits of taking Jentadueto?
Diabetes is a lifelong illness, although type 2 often doesn’t develop until later in life and is linked to being overweight or inactive. Symptoms can include excessive thirst, frequent urination and extreme tiredness or fatigue.
It’s important to manage the disease, as it can cause serious health problems with your eyes, heart and nervous system, and Jentadueto will help you do this.
How do I use Jentadueto?
Jentadueto is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, at the same time as food to lower the risk of an upset stomach (side effect). You can take it at any time of day, however keeping your chosen time consistent will help you remember to take it.
Jentadueto contains the active ingredients linagliptin and metformin, in strengths of either 2.5 mg/850 mg or 2.5 mg/1,000 mg respectively, per tablet.
The normal dose is one tablet twice a day, however your doctor will decide which dose is best based on your personal circumstances. You should not exceed the maximum of two 2.5mg/1,000mg tablets per day.
If you forget to take your Jentadueto tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s nearly time for your next tablet. In this case, you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one, as you should never take a double dose.
If you take more Jentadueto than you should, then go to your doctor or nearest emergency department immediately, as it can cause lactic acidosis, a serious condition that can lead to a coma. Symptoms include feeling or being sick, stomach ache with muscle cramps and severe tiredness or difficulty breathing.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Jentadueto, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Jentadueto if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are allergic to linagliptin or metformin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you have severely reduced kidney function
- if you have uncontrolled diabetes, with, for example, severe hyperglycemia
- if you ever had a diabetic pre-coma
- if you have a severe infection such as an infection affecting your lung or bronchial system or your kidney
- if you have lost a lot of water from your body
- if you are treated for acute heart failure or have recently had a heart attack, have severe problems with your circulation (such as shock) or have breathing difficulties
- if you have liver problems
- if you drink alcohol to excess, either every day or only from time to time.
Your prescription of Jentadueto may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- if you have type 1 diabetes (your body does not produce any insulin)
- if you are taking insulin or an anti-diabetic medicine known as ‘sulphonylurea’
- if you have or have had a disease of the pancreas
Like many medications with active ingredients, Jentadueto can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- medicines which increase urine production (diuretics)
- medicines used to treat pain and inflammation
- certain medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure
- medicines that may change the amount of metformin in your blood
- medicines used to control fits (seizures) or chronic pain
- antibiotics used to treat infections such as tuberculosis
- medicines used to treat diseases that involve inflammation, like asthma and arthritis
- bronchodilators for the treatment of bronchial asthma
- alcohol-containing medicines.
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Jentadueto will be the best course of action for you.
Like with all diabetic patients (regardless of treatment), you should also check your feet regularly and follow the foot care advice given by your doctor.
If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby then you should speak to your doctor before starting treatment with Jentadueto, as it’s not known whether or not it has harmful effects on your unborn baby.
Even when taking this medicine, you will still need to follow a diet and exercise plan in order to keep your diabetes well-managed. Always follow the advice of your doctor, pharmacist or nurse and contact them if you are unsure. You should also avoid excessive alcohol intake because it can increase the risk of developing lactic acidosis.
The most common side effects of using Jentadueto include:
- blood enzyme increase
- inflamed nose or throat
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
- blistering of skin
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as trembling, blurred vision, or severe and persistent abdominal pain.
How do I buy Jentadueto online?
You can safely buy Jentadueto online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Jentadueto is the right medication for your medical condition.