Images for illustrative purposes only
- Proton pump inhibitor
- Effective treatment for acid reflux
- Relieves symptoms
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
to receive your order tomorrow, 20th October
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation
Quick & Easy
No appointment or long waiting times
Plain packaging with no medical stamps or marks
Your information stays with us and private payment
Dispensed by registered UK pharmacists
What is Rabeprazole?
Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. The drug is often prescribed for acid reflux and is available in 10mg, and 20mg capsules to be taken once per day.
Who can take Rabeprazole?
Rabeprazole must not be taken by children. It is fine to be taken by adults, but is not recommended to be taken by anyone who is pregnant or breastfeeding.
Rabeprazole isn't suitable for everyone. To make sure that it is safe for you, you must tell us if:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to rabeprazole or any other medication
- Are due to have an endoscopy
If you are due to have an endoscopy, you should stop taking Rabeprazole a few weeks prior.
How long will I take Rabeprazole for?
Depending on your condition, you may only be taking Rabeprazole for a few weeks or more. Some people need to take it for more of a long-term treatment plan.
What if I forget to take it?
This depends on how reguarly you take your dosage:
- Once a day – take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless your next dose is due in less than 12 hours, in which case skip the missed dose. Then take your next dose as normal.
- Twice a day – take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless your next dose is due in less than 4 hours, in which case skip the missed dose. Then take your next dose as normal.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you often forget doses, it may help to set an alarm to remind you.
What if I take too much?
It is very unlikely that taking a couple extra doses will cause you any problems. However, if you experience any of these symptoms, it is best to speak to your GP:
- Flushed skin
- Feeling sweaty
- A fast heartbeat
- Feeling sleepy
- Blurred vision
- Feeling confused or agitated
5. Side effects
The majority of people who take Rabeprazole do not experience any side effects. If you do happen to experience side effects, they are usually mild and will disappear when you stop taking the medication.
Common side effects
Common side effects may happen in more than 1 in 100 people. It's important to see your GP if your side effects do not stop after you have finished taking Rabeprazole.
- Being sick
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain or wind
Serious side effects
Some of these serious side effects are more common than others. Speak to your GP straight away if you have:
- Joint pain and abnormal changes in your skin, especially in parts of your body exposed to the sun, such as a red, raised rash on your arms that can spread, blisters, or a red rash on your cheeks and nose
- Persistant stomach pain that gets worse
- Yellow skin (or the whites of your eyes turn yellow)
- Dark urine
- Pain when you urinate
- Urinating less
- Lower back pain
- Swollen ankles
- Frequent infections, such as a sore throat or high temperature
- Ulcers in your mouth or throat
How do I buy Rabeprazole online?
You can safely buy Rabeprazole online at UK Meds. You will first need to have an online consultation with a pharmacist independent prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Rabeprazole is the right medication for your medical condition.